Law Clerk, Law and Regulation - Chicago, IL (Hybrid)
Posted on Jul 30 Chicago, IL 320 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Come join a group of dynamic and talented professionals in our Investments Law team. We are looking for a law clerk to help support our team of attorneys and paralegals. We are fortunate to have an engaged, fast-moving, and hard-working team and are looking for someone with those same qualities. You will collaborate with attorneys and paralegals and work directly with our business partners as a member of the team.
Investments Law is responsible for a wide range of complex transactional work for our public company parent, numerous subsidiaries, and our investment advisers. The investment law team’s work includes advising the business partners on Allstate’s multi-billion-dollar portfolio that includes all types of public and private investments. You will be working with a team invested in your professional development and appreciate that work-life balance begins with the idea that your career and your life should be mutually rewarding, not mutually exclusive.
- Supporting a team of multiple attorneys and paralegals
- Monitoring and tracking status of investment transactions for attorneys
- Handing incoming and outgoing mail, print jobs, and scanning
- Collecting, disseminating, tracking, and storing documents and information
- Obtaining necessary approvals and signatures for investment transactions
- Conducting basic legal research and communicating the results
- Assisting with project management, coordination, and collaboration with business partners
- Drafting and reviewing documents and communications with oversight
- Responding to business partner and external requests for information
- Validating current processes and identify need for process change
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Basic computer skills, including MS Office suite, Adobe Professional, and other web-based applications (including but not limited to Lexis and other legal research tools)
- High degree of ethics and integrity and ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience interacting in a professional setting
- Basic writing, researching, proofreading, and formatting skills
- Analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Able to identify and solve problems effectively
- Adapts well to change; able to prioritize among multiple tasks and make effective decisions in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proactive self-starter who can manage their time effectively and work with general supervision
- Lives into Allstate’s six core capabilities: Future Oriented, Change Ready, Customer Centric, Digital Mindset, Results Driven, People Focused
- Ability to work in the Chicago Office location and also work in a "hybrid" office environment that requires attendance in the office at least 3 days per week
- The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job
Compensation offered for this role is $36,000.00-$50,000.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.