Employee Benefits Sales Supervisor (Flexible Hybrid Schedule Available)
Posted on Aug 4 St. Paul, MN 453 views
Direct Benefits, Inc. an Alera Group Company is looking to hire an Employee Benefits Sales Supervisor to join their growing team!
Direct Benefits, Inc. an Alera Group company is a managing general agency that provides one-stop shopping for individuals, families, and employers, both direct and through over 16,000 agents in 50 states. Our mission is to provide individuals and businesses of all sizes with the same quality or better insurance products as Fortune 500 companies.
Alera Group is an independent, national insurance and financial services firm created in 2016 through a merger of 24 like-minded, high-performing, entrepreneurial firms. Our founding firms worked together to leverage powerful relationships, industry expertise, and resources to elevate the client experience.
Are you looking to be part of a company where you have exciting opportunities to learn, grow and make a positive impact?
Join a team where each employee is empowered to listen generously, speak straight, collaborate, and build each other up through mutual accountability and shared success?
If that is what you’re looking for, this is your chance to be part of an amazing organization!
Reporting directly to the Group Sales Manager, this key role supervises and coaches on the day-to-day work of our Agent Liaison team, which does important work related to quoting, recommending, and selling solutions that match our group clients’ needs. To be successful in this role, the Employee Benefits Sales Supervisor will need to be a tireless learner, have strong attention to detail, be able to provide direct feedback to team members in a coaching manner, comfortable and confident in helping to lead a high-performing team, and willing to do whatever it takes to help the team hit sales, conversion, cross-sell and engagement goals.
- Provide daily direction to the Agent Liaison team as to the schedule, breaks, and other operational items.
- Monitor inbound call and email volumes to ensure we have appropriate coverage and team members in a ready state to allow the team to meet or exceed response time goals.
- Provide in-the-moment coaching to help team members improve in their roles and build confidence.
- Support training sessions with members of the Agent Liaison team, aiding their learning and development.
- Consistently review calls with team members, using the scorecard tool to provide feedback on positive parts of interactions as well as to provide feedback for improvement.
- Help to develop and implement new processes designed to drive individual and team efficiencies aimed at improving our agents’ overall experience and driving sales.
- Act as Direct Benefits’ representative with carriers as it relates to issues that arise.
- Takes escalated agent interactions and works nimbly to diffuse the situation and provide a client-obsessed solution.
- Provide over-the-top service to agents in each interaction.
- Live our values of being Client-obsessed, Learning and continuously improving, acting with Integrity, being Enthusiastic and fun, Never giving up, and embracing Teamwork.
- Coordinate with other departments to accomplish sales and engagement initiatives.
- Manage the development of quoting tools for ancillary employee benefits.
- Utilizes relationship management skills to drive client and carrier engagement.
- 3+ years of experience in the insurance, retail, restaurant or other related industries.
- Previous supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience leading team training.
- Previous experience coaching and providing feedback.
- Ability to learn new and ever-changing group products (dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life, and more).
- Enjoy people, building rapport, and being on the phone.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience in the insurance industry.
- Licensed in Minnesota as a Life, Accident and Health Producer.
- Licensed in Minnesota as a Property & Casualty Producer.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you're a California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.