Property Adjuster - Field and Virtual Estimating
Posted on Aug 5 Wilmington, DE 2 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
A day in the life of a Field and Virtual Estimating Property Adjuster:
- Spend the greater portion of your day handling claims virtually from home and when needed, traveling to loss sites that have been damaged by fire, water, weather or other unexpected events
- Conduct a detailed inspection of the property and write an estimate to capture the extent of the damages
- When you are not in the field, use advanced video technology to collaborate with onsite vendors to identify damages and write a damage estimate from a virtual setting
- Review the policy and decide how coverage applies and provide the customer with a detailed explanation of both the estimate and the policy
- Communicate empathetically with customers and help them through their claim process in a fast, fair and easy manner
- Negotiate claim settlements with customers in accordance with business unit standard methodologies
- Use data and analytics to tell a story and influence decision making
- Flexibility to work in a variety of environments - independently, within a team, face-to-face, and virtually
- In our virtual environment, adjusters are required to participate and be on camera during online meetings and trainings
- We cover the cost to help you study for and earn your license
- We offer 3 months of full paid training plus on the job training for up to an additional 3 months
- Ongoing training opportunities for continuous improvement
Monday – Friday
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation – this role will pay based on prior related experience
- You will work from home when you are not travelling to a loss site
- Internet reimbursement
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Cafeteria style health insurance plan – starts day one
- 401k match and pension plan
- Volunteer opportunities + matching donations
- Visit AllstateGoodLife.com to learn more
- Have a High School Diploma/GED or higher (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- Have 2+ years of previous experience in a related field (i.e., construction, restoration, mitigation)
- Have prior experience using estimating software like Xactimate is a plus
- Value providing an effortless customer service experience
- Enjoy the ability to work independently starting your day from home, and traveling to various locations to restore peoples’ lives through outstanding customer service
- View problems and setbacks as opportunities for improvement and look forward to coming up with creative solutions
- Are organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Are known for clear and professional communication – both written and verbal
- Are bilingual and/or having prior military experience – it’s a plus
- Have a valid driver’s license
- This position is not available for California, Alaska, and Hawaii residents
Sign-on bonus of $1,000 if you have an active adjuster license in the State of FL, TX or the state you’re hired to work in
Compensation offered for this role is $55,000.00-$85,000.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.