Market Sales Consultant - Virginia
Posted on Aug 15 Remote, Remo 277 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Total Cash Compensation (TCC) range for this position is from $80200 - $110275 / year based on experience and qualifications*.
*The low end of the TCC range includes base pay of $80,2000 annual and performance-based incentives of $34,400 at 100% of sales targets. The high end of the TCC reflects base pay of $110,275 annual and performance-based incentives of $51,600 at 100% of sales targets. Incentive payments are not guaranteed and are governed by the terms of the applicable sales bonus plan which is subject to change at Allstate’s discretion.
Allstate Insurance Company has an opportunity available called The Market Sales Consultant (MSC). The MSC is responsible for “owning” the market to which they are assigned and achieving sales objectives - which include but are not limited to - driving long-term profitable growth, supporting the independent agencies within the assigned market and increased market share, diversify footprint and working collaboratively with areas of responsibility, to include but not limited to (Finance, Product, Claims, National Accounts, Alternative Distribution, and Flood).
The market for this opportunity is the state of Virginia. While this is a home-based opportunity, the selected incumbent will need to reside in Virginia or can reside in the DC or Baltimore, MD area. The MSC will travel about 75% of the time to their respective market and a company car will be provided.
Experience with insurance sales, collaboration and recruiting would be ideal in this opportunity.
• Delivers on the business unit’s annual execution plan (growth, profitability, agency engagement, new appointments) for their market in partnership with Subzone Sales Leader and Zone Director
• Guides all sales execution within assigned market
• Collaborates with channel leaders and performs stakeholder and risk analysis on market related issues
• Develops and maintains the market’s agency pipeline, supports National Accounts, Alternative Distribution and Flood initiatives
• Partners with agency process specialists, virtual sales consultants, and other market sales consultants within subzone to implement strategies for consulting with agencies to achieve sales and business objective targets
• Collaborates with Area of Responsibilities to assist in the development of tools and resources to drive local production and manage the markets portfolio
• Continuously evaluates the markets agency force including performance and production, training/skill gaps and execution to established business plan
• Ensures regulatory, policy and standards compliance within their subzone for all employees, including safeguarding of customer information
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• 5 or more years of combined sales management/leadership experience in P&C and Financial Services
• Proven track record for obtaining business results through the development of effective internal relationships within the sales organization and across other business functions
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Industry certifications (preferred)
• Property and Casualty Licenses (preferred)
• General P&C and Financial Services product knowledge
• Strong functional knowledge including: analysis of financial data and assess market conditions, trends and indicators; all aspects of sales process and drivers (examples include: projections, goals, targets, shop, buy, cross-sell, retain, profitability, compliance, quality)
• Superior interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills; ability to lead and influence virtually
• Fosters a collaborative working relationship with Sales and other areas of responsibility/centers of expertise
• Problem solving – uses seasoned judgment by applying broad knowledge and experience when addressing complex issues
• Development - fosters an environment that provides learning opportunities and support to direct reports
• Planning and organizational skills - can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done
• Models authenticity
• Deepens retention of policies and agency force
• Accelerates market share growth
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
This position is a permanent remote home-based worker. Your home office does not need to be near an Allstate office, but it does need to be in the United States. This position is eligible for a monthly connectivity reimbursement to offset the costs of internet and phone expenses.
Compensation offered for this role is $80,200.00-$110,275.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.