Salvage Claims Service Specialist (Irving, TX)
Posted on Aug 15 Irving, TX 181 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
This role processes non-complex, non-technical claim related activities within established quality, productivity and process standards on specific losses as directed by management or a claim adjuster. The individual handles a single line of claims or a combination of claims from different segments. The individual is also expected to deliver compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs
- Performs clerical duties, including data entry, filing paper documents, email, calendar management, and word processing
- Handles claim files (locates/requests files, files paperwork, reconstructs missing files, moves misfiled documents, sends to other offices, etc.)
- Retrieves, prints, faxes, or mails supporting documentation to vendors or others as directed
- Receives, screens and routes incoming telephone calls and other electronic correspondence
- Contacts or receives contact from customers or other claim related third parties to obtain and/or provide necessary file information to comply with quality and process standards
- Generates and sends appropriate forms to insured/claimant for completion
- Completes all necessary forms, logs documents into the system, and routes them to the appropriate parties
- Good organization skills with timely follow-up skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Excel and Word
- Performs routine tasks of basic complexity under general supervision
- Insurance experience required
- 1+ years claims experience highly preferred
- Previous experience in either customer service and/or a related professional work environment highly preferred
- HS Diploma or GED required
- This position is not available to California, Alaska or Hawaii residents
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Internet reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage (cafeteria style health insurance plane - starts day one!)
- 401(k) match and pension plan
- A culture of learning where you can expect to develop foundational skills for the future
- Opportunities for both personal and professional development
- Leadership teams that are communicative and engaged
- Volunteer opportunities & donation program
- Recognition and advancement opportunities
- Learn more about Allstate benefits @ https://allstategoodlife.com
- This position is a hybrid role, meaning your schedule may consist of time in an office setting and time working remotely from your home. The hybrid model is intended to provide greater flexibility – and will mean something different to each team, job and employee. Office presence is driven by the nature of the work and team needs. You’ll work from home for the remainder of the time you’re not in the office. Employee is expected to be in office 4 days per week; number of in-office days is subject to increase or decrease based on team needs.
- In our virtual environment, employees are required to engage and participate on camera during online meetings and trainings
- This position is eligible for a monthly connectivity reimbursement to offset the costs of internet and phone expenses
- Employees who have been in their current role for at least one year will receive screening preference
- The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job
Compensation offered for this role is $17 - $20 per hour and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.