Willis Towers Watson
Posted on Aug 15 Arlington, VA 100 views
- Timely and effectively provide practical general corporate and commercial legal advice and services throughout the organization.
- Efficiently manage a large volume and variety of general matters, negotiate numerous standard and complex corporate and commercial agreements while balancing appropriate legal and business risks.
- Rapidly assess potential legal and compliance risks, benefits and consequences of decisions, present alternatives and propose solutions to achieve business objectives while skillfully managing both legal and practical business considerations.
- Interface directly with client, vendor and other third party legal, procurement and contracting representatives, as well as internal management and staff.
- Work with cross functional teams (sales, IT, HR, Insurance, Privacy, Finance, etc.) to achieve business objectives.
- Support commercial and other legal needs throughout North America
Note: Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
- 5+ years of legal experience with strong experience on contract negotiations (experience in software and SaaS contract negotiations is a plus)
- Licensed attorney with outstanding academic credentials from a nationally recognized law school and work experience (business experience and/or inhouse legal experience in a professional services or financial services firm is a plus).
- Must be a business oriented team player, with a desire and ability to learn about the company’s various businesses and understand the business operations and legal needs.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills, with special emphasis on excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to think critically, spot issues in and negotiate improvements to transaction documents.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster teamwork and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, with excellent judgment regarding when to elevate issues.
- Ability to summarize key legal and business issues and alternatives for executive decisions.
- Results-focused; able to work in fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Self- starter and independent/strategic thinker.
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
WTW may be subject to mandatory employment-related COVID-19 vaccination requirements. Therefore, to the extent any such mandates apply, you may be required to certify and provide documentation of full vaccination against COVID-19 if you are hired in the U.S. If you accept an offer from WTW and are subject to a mandate but are unable or unwilling to be vaccinated because of medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs, you may request a medical or religious accommodation. If you require an accommodation, the Company will evaluate your request and work with you to identify reasonable alternatives to vaccination, if available.
EEO, including disability/vets