Willis Towers Watson
Director, Mergers & Acquisitions
Posted on Nov 4 New York, NY 542 views
The mission of the M&A group is to preserve and create value through the development and execution of WTW’s strategy through inorganic actions.
Working in conjunction with business leadership and corporate functions, the M&A function monitors the competitive marketplace, identifies high growth and profit opportunities, and helps execute the corporation’s strategic plan through inorganic activities including M&A, divestitures, minority investments and strategic alliances. The group regularly meets with WTW leaders to ensure that these opportunities meet the objectives and direction in which the company wants to move. The Director of M&A role will serve as a senior member of the team.
- Manage and execute various strategic transactions, including identifying, recommending, negotiating, structuring, overseeing due diligence and obtaining internal approvals to drive transactions to completion
- Gain in-depth understanding of WTW’s defined business strategy and in particular, the role of M&A within that.
- Identify potential acquisition targets for consideration which are consistent with WTW’s agreed vision and strategy.
- Lead the assessment of targets, including strategic, financial and corporate culture fit. Conduct comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research. As part of this and where necessary, perform various financial analyses, including valuations, financial modelling and merger consequences.
- Prepare presentations and other materials pertinent to these potential targets for review by senior management. Possess the experience and skills to lead and present these opportunities fluently and credibly in senior level discussions.
- Conduct and define the due diligence process, taking into account specific risks; where appropriate, oversee cross-discipline teams, banks, and advisers more broadly.
- Interact with senior finance, tax, legal and other professionals within WTW, as well as external M&A, legal and due diligence advisors as individual transactions require.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of transactions.
- Manage several projects at once and work effectively as an individual and as part of a team.
- 7+ years of experience in transaction development and transaction execution in corporate development / M&A at a professional services firm, large public company, investment bank or private equity / venture capital firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, quantitative, or related field required. Advanced degree a plus.
- A background in accounting may be helpful but is not required.
- Technical acumen; financial modelling and due diligence expertise.
- Strategic and creative thinker.
- Distinguished written and oral communications skills; adept presenting skills; experience in both creating and giving presentations to senior management to secure transaction approval.
- Deep understanding of, and a track record within, M&A and how transactions work.
- Comfortable assessing potential acquisition and merger opportunities for multi-national organizations.
- Experience in the (a) insurance, (b) professional services, or (c) risk management sectors, or if not, an interest in it is a plus; however, the primary criterion is deep experience of the M&A process.
- Track record of running and negotiating transactions.
- Demonstrated experience managing day-to-day aspects of complex M&A projects. This includes project management skills and delivery of complex cross segment and cross-territory solutions for multi-national organizations.
- Proven project management expertise; strong organizational skills.
- Initiative, leadership, strong work ethic, team focus.
- Experience harnessing different resources internally and working across / leveraging different divisions to drive transactions to completion.
- Proactive self-starter who has the ability to work independently.
- A can-do attitude, with a willingness to roll up the sleeves.
- Ability to handle self credibly with senior stakeholders within WTW with polish and refinement.
- Strong self-awareness and understands impact of actions on others
- A willingness to travel based on project needs
- Flexibility on working hours – global nature of the work means there may be early morning or evening calls
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary range and benefits information for this position are being included in accordance with requirements of various state/local pay transparency legislation. Please note that salaries may vary for different individuals in the same role based on several factors, including but not limited to location of the role, individual competencies, education/professional certifications, qualifications/experience, performance in the role and potential for revenue generation (Producer roles only).
The base salary compensation range being offered for this role is $175,000-$225,000.
This role is also eligible for an annual short-term incentive bonus
WTW provides a competitive benefit package which includes the following (eligibility requirements apply):
Health and Welfare Benefits: Medical (including prescription coverage), Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Commuter Account, Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Group Accident, Group Critical Illness, Life Insurance, AD&D, Group Legal, Identify Theft Protection, Wellbeing Program and Work/Life Resources (including Employee Assistance Program)
Leave Benefits: Paid Holidays, Annual Paid Time Off (includes paid state/local paid leave where required), Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Other Leaves (e.g., Bereavement, FMLA, ADA, Jury Duty, Military Leave, and Parental and Adoption Leave)
Retirement Benefits: Contributory Pension Plan and Savings Plan (401k). Certain senior level roles may also be eligible for non-qualified Deferred Compensation and Deferred Savings Plans.
WTW may be subject to employment-related COVID-19 vaccination mandates from time to time in certain jurisdictions that may require certifying and providing documentation of vaccination against COVID-19 to work in a WTW office.
EOE, including disability/vets
EOE, including disability/vets