The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Senior Regional Risk Control Consultant
Posted on Nov 22 Centennial, CO 241 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
$107,400.00 - $177,300.00
What Is the Opportunity?
The primary role of the Senior Regional Risk Control Consultant is to: Assess complex risks in a variety of industries by working collaboratively with Underwriting; Act as a service consultant for a variety of industries including complex and/or multi-location accounts; and to Assist the Field Director in technical knowledge transfer through quality evaluations of risk control work products, both risk assessments and service that aids in overall staff development. This role reports to the Risk Control Field Director.
What Will You Do?
- Completing all lines risk assessment evaluations for accounts with high complexity in a variety of industries such as manufacturing, warehouse operations, products liability, construction, National Accounts.
- Identifying uncontrolled exposures to influence the customer to make improvements and take corrective actions to mitigate the potential for loss.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with Underwriting, Claim, Risk Control Specialists, Agents and Brokers to service customers as a unified team.
- Writing technically detailed reports that communicate a clear assessment of risk and effectively articulate recommendations.
- Discovering and evaluating customer needs in order to provide Risk Control products and solutions to assist the customer in risk mitigation.
- Responsible for leading the team in staying current with technical subject matters, regulatory environment and emerging issues.
- Mentoring and coaching risk control consultants to effect knowledge transfer.
- Conducting Quality Assessment reviews of completed reports and documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Mastery level knowledge of insurance industry and business acumen
- Graduate degree in related field preferred
- Recognized relevant certifications (such as ASP, CSP, ARM, CFPS)
- Organization skills with detail orientation
- Superior communication skills including listening, written, and verbal
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with all others
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with team/peer leader experience
- Critical thinking skills
- Influencing skills to champion business needs and change.
- Ability to give/receive coaching and feedback.
- Good platform skills in order to communicate with larger groups of people in a business setting.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree in business, environmental health and safety, engineering, construction management, basic sciences and related technical fields required.
- 10+ years experience in safety, risk control, or related fields in industries such as construction, manufacturing, or military required.
- Must have or be able to attain appropriate certification to meet specific state requirements where applicable.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members – including spouses, domestic partners, and children – are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you’re eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.