Claims Consultant - Worker’s Compensation
Posted on Apr 12 714 views
Propel Insurance, an Alera Group Company is looking for a WC Claims Consultant to join their team! .
At Propel, we make it our business to know our clients worlds inside and out. With decades of industry-specific experience, we bring our clients a real-world understanding of the challenges they face. We’re recognized as a leader in providing innovative insurance solutions, and are proud of the long-standing partnerships we’ve developed with many of the nation’s leading carriers.
Our employees are devoted to serving our customers and knowing insurance. As it turns out, insurance isn’t the only thing they are passionate about.
The WC Claims Consultant’s role is to work effectively with our Work Comp clients building solid relationships and retaining business. The WC Consultants work with all Sales Executives, internal Propel staff in Commercial Lines Departments, and externally with our Clients, Carriers and Vendors. Service timeline focus is on larger Valued or 360 Clients for onboarding new accounts and establishing claims services with their carrier/TPA/applicable vendors, providing claims oversight, employer training, and scheduling Claim Reviews and various presentations. Duties also include providing claims service for all Propel clients providing technical expertise and servicing as an advocate on client WC claim issues. WC Claims Consultants work independently with clients and their carrier/TPA consulting on large reserves, coverage issues, return to work issues, settlements, and other items that have a significant impact on retention and premiums. They also present to prospects and clients at renewals, stewardship meetings and claim reviews.
- Contact with clients, carrier and TPA claims adjusters, internal customers, and vendors on regular basis to serve as advocate, liaison, mediator, resource & problem solver.
- Prepare, coordinate & present Claim Reviews, Risk Analysis, Status Spreadsheets and other Claim meetings as requested.
- When coverage issues arise, will research potential solutions through a review of client’s policies and then advocate on clients behalf with carrier
- Participate with with or without Sales Executives in presentations to current clients, prospects, proposals, and RFP presentations.
- Documentation and diary maintenance on key claims in Sagitta and ImageRight
- Function as back-up for other WC Claims Team members
- Provide assistance to clients seeking to enhance their return to work programs and light duty return to work opportunities
- Provide claims management training, “WC 101” to clients to educate them on the claims process.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Follow through and attention to detail a must
- Proficiency in Sagitta, Paperwise, Track-it Claims Web & Riskmaster as applicable.
- Proficiency in utilization of Claims function, Report & Reserve alerts of Carrier websites
- Proficiency in MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Present to groups requiring public speaking ability
Experience and Education
- Washington and/or Oregon Agents License
- Minimum 5 years claim processes to include Commercial, Personal Multiline & Work Comp as applicable
- Experience in complex loss analysis
- Continued insurance education (ex. INS, AIC, SCLA, CPCU, CCM etc,)