Total Loss Adjuster - Sun Valley, CA Copart
Posted on Aug 25 Burbank, CA 1 view
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection.
We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
As a Total Loss Claims Adjuster, you will evaluate and manage auto claims involving potential or obvious total losses. This includes assessing damage, determining pre-loss values, calculating settlements, negotiating with customers, maintaining accurate records, ensuring compliance with regulations, and effectively communicating with stakeholders throughout the claims process. The role requires a combination of expertise in valuation, communication skills, negotiation, and regulatory knowledge to facilitate fair and efficient claims resolution.
- Evaluate the value of vehicles and assess the extent of damage. Make informed decisions on whether the vehicle is eligible for repair or should be declared a total loss
- Utilize your expertise to calculate accurate settlement amounts for customers. Consider factors such as pre-loss value, deductible, depreciation, and salvage value to ensure fair compensation
- Engage in productive negotiations with customers to achieve equitable settlements that align with policy terms and market standards
- Create comprehensive reports that outline your damage assessments, valuation findings, negotiation outcomes, and settlement calculations. Maintain organized and accurate documentation
- Demonstrate effective communication skills by engaging with various stakeholders. Interact with customers, repair shops, and salvage yards to provide updates on claim progress and convey settlement decisions
- Address disputes professionally and proficiently. Provide additional documentation, explanations, and solutions to resolve disagreements and ensure customer satisfaction
- Reporting To: 1409 Penrose St. Sun Valley, CA 91352.
- Work Schedule: Monday – Friday
- Start Time: 8:00 AM
- High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum 12 months of experience writing auto damage estimates
- Proficiency using auto estimating programs such as CCC One, Audatex, and Mitchell
- Automotive Knowledge: Solid understanding of vehicle mechanics, parts, and repair processes
- Insurance Expertise: Familiarity with insurance policies, coverage types, and claim procedures
- Analytical Abilities: Strong analytical skills for assessing damage and estimating costs
- Attention to Detail: Thorough and accurate documentation and assessment
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication to interact with stakeholders
- Customer Service: Ability to provide empathetic and responsive customer service
- Time Management: Strong organizational skills to handle multiple claims and meet deadlines
- Problem-Solving: Critical thinking and resourcefulness in finding fair solutions
- Computer Proficiency: Proficient in using relevant software applications
- Adaptability: Ability to adjust to changing circumstances and embrace new technologies
Allstate cares about you and your wellbeing. We offer a comprehensive total rewards package that includes pay, benefits, and programs to help you balance work with the rest of your life. You can choose whatever benefits are most important you. Here are some of our offerings:
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications (paid at an hourly rate)
- $1,500 sign on bonus
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Allstate pension plan and 401(k) savings plan
- Ayco financial coaching
- Spring Health mental and emotional wellbeing resources
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness incentives
- Allstate Foundation donation match and grant opportunities
To learn more about our benefits and programs visit AllstateGoodLife.com
Compensation offered for this role is $52,500 - $73,000 and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.