Spanish Bilingual - Allstate Benefits-Customer Service-Associate III (Hybrid/Jacksonville/Metro)
Posted on Aug 25 Jacksonville, FL 18 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Customer Care Center provides customer service support, via the telephone to policyholders, agents and brokers regarding organizational products and practice by providing prompt, efficient, accurate and high quality customer service in a courteous and professional manner.
The position is responsible for answering complex customer inquiries on currently marketed health products (re-rate, complex claims) as well as currently marketed life products. The representative acts as a resource, takes complex calls as defined by the department, provides customer service and is responsible for answering incoming calls the majority of the time.
The start date for this position is on Monday, October 23rd
***Please note: Required training will be from in person in Jacksonville, FL October 23rd - November 22nd (9:15 AM EST - 6:00 PM EST Monday – Friday) with no approved time off during this time period.***
Shift hours after training will be 11:00 AM - 8:00PM ET.
Allstate Benefits Call Center is open Monday - Friday 8am ET - 8pm ET.
This position will eventually go remote, but the date has not been determined.
- Resolve routine, complex, and unique questions/issues.
- Ensure facilitation of first call resolution and customer satisfaction on all transactions handled.
- Employ probing questions and actively listen to customer issues or questions, showing interest and compassion while demonstrating empathy for the caller’s situation.
- Demonstrate accuracy in processing required work requests for, and changes to, customer policies based on the information provided.
- Working knowledge of AB products (Accident, Disability, Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness, Cancer and Life insurance policies) and related processes and procedures.
- Explain the claims submission processes (including accepting first notice of loss, when applicable) and requirements and be able to review customer submitted forms and supporting documentation for completion.
- Handle requests regarding customer documentation (including all documents sent out by AB departments) and be able to clearly explain them (including any follow-up or additional documentation required on our customer’s part).
- Demonstrate ability to think critically and solve problems, specifically the ability to Identify and communicate interaction trends (i.e. customer concerns and feedback, opportunities for improvement) to the Leadership Team.
- De-escalate customer situations as necessary.
- Adhere to compliance regulations including HIPAA and state guidelines.
- Document customer interactions into the appropriate databases.
- Answer incoming customer calls and respond to customer requests, answers complex questions, must have the ability to the interpret a variety of policies, rules, regulations and performs a full range of customer service duties, answers customer questions, research, resolve and respond to requests
- Understand basic telecommunications and provide an advanced knowledge of products and functionality
- Provide quick, professional, precise resolution to customer issues/questions
- Enter customer request into data system, open and dispatch work orders to various department and complete call history
- Handle customer requests via fax, email or voicemail within 24 hours or 1 business day
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2-3 or more years of a related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written required.
- Fluent in Spanish strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Insurance background including knowledge of health insurance terminology is preferred
- Excellent computer skills, including typing proficiency, multi-tasking between online applications, working knowledge of Microsoft© products (Outlook, Excel, folders)
- Flexible and adaptable to business requirements for changes needed to service the customer
- Collaborate with peers and management on special projects and committees
- Apply good use of time management skills
- Ability to interpret and apply laws, rules and regulations.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is $19.00/hr and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.