Field Auto Damage Adjuster - Albany, NY
Posted on Sep 15 Albany, NY 1 view
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection.
We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Allstate cares about you and your wellbeing. We offer a comprehensive total rewards package that includes pay, benefits, and programs to help you balance work with the rest of your life. You can choose whatever benefits are most important you. Here are some of our offerings:
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Allstate pension plan and 401(k) savings plan
- Ayco financial coaching
- Spring Health mental and emotional wellbeing resources
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness incentives
- Allstate Foundation donation match and grant opportunities
To learn more about our benefits and programs visit AllstateGoodLife.com
As a Field Auto Damage Adjuster, you will play a crucial role in our auto claims handling process by writing estimates directly at customer homes, repair shops, or tow yards. Your job will involve a variety of customer and shop interactions, including face-to-face, virtual, and written communication, as you assess and finalize estimates. With a diverse range of workstreams, including repairable estimates, total loss assessments, and virtual inspections, you will enjoy a dynamic and engaging work environment.
The Customer Service Expert
- You will live into Allstate’s Claims Culture by caring, empowering, and restoring, and you will accomplish that by being compassionate, clear, and a committed partner in each claim. You lead with empathy, always
- You will confidently and independently investigate claims by performing detailed reviews of damage and interpreting policies to determine coverage
The Effective Communicator
- You will use phone, emails and sometimes even video chat with customers to help them through a fast, fair, and easy claims process. You’ll also incorporate a specific approach to claim handling to offer the customer their preference of communication to efficiently discuss their claim needs and keep them updated on the claim progress
- You will evaluate and negotiate claims settlements with customers, vendors, third party carriers and claimants, in accordance with all legal and business standard methodologies. With negotiations, you will incorporate tactics in handling challenging and complex situations
The Problem Solver
- You will utilize multiple tools to get the job done in a fast-paced environment, including estimate tools, job aids, and additional settlement platforms, all while using your sharp critical thinking skills
- You will protect the company financially by executing policies along policy agreements, and you keep a clear record of your work in a claims system that you will be trained on. You’ll accomplish this by ensuring timely and accurate documentation is completed as you work on each claim
- This position is a field-based role. To be eligible for this role, you must be located in the following locations: Albany
- This position is eligible for a monthly internet stipend of $80 to offset the costs of internet expenses
- Company car may be provided
- As a condition of employment, you may be expected to obtain an adjuster’s license in multiple markets
- All required licenses will need to be obtained within 60 days of hire
- You must maintain all licensing required for your role. This includes any continuing education and/or other state-affiliated requirements for licensing renewal
- This role offers a sign on bonus of $1,000 if you have an active appraiser license or active adjuster license in TX, FL, or your resident state (current employees and candidates who have previously worked for and are seeking to be rehired at Allstate and its family of companies are not eligible for this sign-on bonus)
- High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum 18 months of experience writing auto damage estimates
- Proficiency using auto estimating programs such as CCC One, Audatex, and Mitchell
- Valid drivers license
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with customers
- Strong attention to detail and ability to write precise and comprehensive estimates
- Comfortable with utilizing technology and various platforms for claims processing
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to manage multiple assignments effectively
Compensation offered for this role is $57,500.00-$85,600.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen. #LI-AP2
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.