The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Sr. Executive Assistant
Posted on Oct 12 Irvine, CA 566 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
$55,400.00 - $91,300.00
What Is the Opportunity?
This Sr. Administrative Assistant role is critical to providing complex administrative support to senior management. The role performs a wide variety of tasks related to organization, communication, facilitation and scheduling.
What Will You Do?
- Handles complex administrative assignments of a broad and varied nature to relieve senior management of routine administrative details.
- Exercises considerable discretion and independent judgment in facilitating overall department operations.
- Directs the activities of other support staff as necessary.
- Coordinates inter-departmental or department-wide administrative projects, such as broad communications, overseeing internal/external services purchased, developing and implementing department/business unit guidelines for operating policies and procedures.
- Complex scheduling; typically involves internal, external, and department-wide scheduling.
- Full responsibility for department-wide event and travel planning.
- Prepares and submits expense accounts and other type expenses.
- Manages and tracks/reports actual expenses versus budget for sr managements area of responsibility, develops or upgrades budget system.
- Regularly interacts with internal and external executives, community leaders, shareholders, etc. Initiates follow-up actions as needed.
- Calls for moderate to advanced conflict resolution skills via phone and, occasionally, in person.
- Initiates, develops, and makes decisions regarding office practices/procedures within authority level.
- Calls for frequent problem solving with internal and external staff. Utilizes basic change management skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience preferred.
- Advanced skill level required for software applications, including advanced database queries, complicated Excel spreadsheets (i.e., vlookup).
- Utilizes multiple software packages to prepare highly confidential correspondence and complex documents.
- Independently designs advanced spreadsheets, graphics, presentations, and database applications.
What is a Must Have?
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members – including spouses, domestic partners, and children – are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you’re eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.