Willis Towers Watson
Director of Enterprise Risk Consulting
Posted on Nov 2 New York, NY 638 views
North America Enterprise Risk Consultingpractice, helping to scale our offerings and shape a rapidly growing team.
We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to identify, assess, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
Risk & Analyticsbusiness falls under WTW’s
Corporate Risk and BrokingSegment. The business supports an integrated approach to risk management by advancing “the analytical broker”. Simply put, our purpose is to reduce the likelihood of claims and reduce the cost of incidents when they occur through a smart, technical approach to risk.
We are a group of risk experts, technologists, and quants, including over 165 actuaries, who work in partnership with WTW risk advisors. Our offerings include deep expertise on specific client needs; holistic analysis to bring value through a portfolio risk strategy; and remarkable innovation automating risk quantification to deliver a financial approach to all clients. We cover all things related to assessment of risk, optimization of risk financing, and mitigation planning.
This role provides the candidate with an opportunity to join our Strategic Risk Consulting team as an Enterprise Risk Consult with significant experience leading projects and managing teams to continue developing our ERM value proposition. This is an innovative and engaging consulting practice that has grown rapidly over the last decade. The role is highly collaborative working not only with clients and fellow ERM consultants, but also with climate specialists, statisticians, actuaries, workplace safety specialists, engineers, hydrologists, cyber experts and other specialists throughout WTW. The role will report to the North America Head of ERC.
We currently work with some of the world’s largest and complex organizations to assess and manage their strategic risks. We also work with smaller organizations early in their ERM journey’s. We work across many industries including Food & Beverage, Professional Services, Transportation / Logistics, Energy, Construction, Manufacturing and others. The role may involve frequent travel, depending on client preferences as well as conferences.
This position will serve as the strategic partner and trusted advisor to clients in the design and implementation of their enterprise risk strategy and serve as a manager and mentor internally. Responsibilities include:
- Proactively advise clients at both Board and operational levels in their strategic risk management and ensure the delivery of superior client service. Projects will include:
- Identification and prioritization of enterprise risks including creation of Risk Registers contemplating impact, likelihood, velocity, current controls, and determination of Key Risk Indicators
- Advising on ERM maturity including governance, process and application
- Supporting the implementation of integrated strategic and operational risk management processes in complex decentralized global businesses
- Assuring good governance and oversight in reducing risk.
- Quantification of risk and ROI of risk controls, working in partnership with cat/climate modelers, actuaries, statisticians, and finance experts and using WTW modelling tools.
- Conduct final review of deliverables to ensure alignment to client objectives, leverage of optimal WTW recommendations, services and solutions, and adherence to WTW professional excellence standards.
- Materially grow Corporate Risk and Broking revenue by anticipating client needs, selling ERM services, and cross-selling other risk solutions to clients and prospects
- The ability to travel on an “as needed” basis if required
- Responsible for managing, motivating and developing the skills, competencies and knowledge of team members in line with WTW HR policies and procedures, including overseeing and managing of staff appraisals and objective setting
- Maintain staff competence by ensuring that staff skills or knowledge gaps are met with appropriate training and development so they are able to perform to their maximum capability and fulfil their potential and the requirements of the business
- Establish an environment that promotes respect for the individual employee and adheres to the policies and guidelines of the company
- Manage the performance of direct reports with clear pre-set objectives and regular feedback on their performance, ensure performance appraisals are conducted in line with the firms’ standards
- Provide leadership, direction, advice and guidance to direct reports maintaining high levels of integrity, motivation and morale
- At least 15 years industry or relevant experience
- Intellectual curiosity to deliver insightful analysis on tight deadlines
- Excellent communications skills and project management skills
- Subject matter expertise and interest in creating thought leadership
- Risk Management experience
- Good understanding about the insurance market and risk financing
- Good understanding of the principles of modelling climate risks
- Ability to manage teams maintaining high professional standards while supporting a positive team atmosphere
- Strong PowerPoint and MS Word skills, with extensive experience creating clear, concise, and visually appealing client deliverables
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary range and benefits information for this position are being included in accordance with requirements of various state/local pay transparency legislation. Please note that base salaries may vary for different individuals in the same role based on several factors, including but not limited to location of the role, individual competencies, education/professional certifications, qualifications/experience, performance in the role and potential for revenue generation (Producer roles only).
The base salary compensation range being offered for this role is $200,000-$300,000 USD.
This role is also eligible for an annual short-term incentive bonus.
WTW provides a competitive benefit package which includes the following (eligibility requirements apply):
Health and Welfare Benefits:Medical (including prescription coverage), Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Commuter Account, Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Group Accident, Group Critical Illness, Life Insurance, AD&D, Group Legal, Identify Theft Protection, Wellbeing Program and Work/Life Resources (including Employee Assistance Program)
Leave Benefits:Paid Holidays, Annual Paid Time Off (includes paid state/local paid leave where required), Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Other Leaves (e.g., Bereavement, FMLA, ADA, Jury Duty, Military Leave, and Parental and Adoption Leave), Paid Time Off (Washington State only)
Retirement Benefits:Contributory Pension Plan and Savings Plan (401k). All Level 38 and more senior roles may also be eligible for non-qualified Deferred Compensation and Deferred Savings Plans. If Level 38 or more senior role is in Washington State, you must add the retirement benefits paragraph to the job description. Please note: Producer Sales roles are not currently eligible for the WTW Pension Plan.