Territory Sales Manager I
Posted on Nov 15 Raleigh, NC 1983 views
The Agency Sales Territory Associate Manager is responsible for prospecting, qualifying, appointing and managing agencies in a defined territory to produce profitable sales and growth. This role is also responsible for meeting and exceeding territory volume and profit objectives, while maintaining and growing a relationship between the company and appointed agents. Also, serves as a subject matter expert and provides additional division support through mentoring others and assisting with special projects.
- Consistently exceeds agreed upon new business production, direct written premium, loss ratio goals, and other KPIs on an annual basis by effectively managing the agents of an assigned territory
- Solicits new agencies, evaluates their potential to write quality new business, and appoints qualified new agencies with limited Regional Sales Managers and/or Sales Vice Presidents oversight
- Recommends agencies to participate in profit-sharing, rewards, and special incentives programs, and other agency sales initiatives
- Increases the percentage of producing agents within the territory through additional training and process improvements
- Terminates agents for lack of production, unprofitable results, or other cause
- Consistently exceeds expectations and serves as a role model for the members of the team, while embracing company initiatives such as cross-sell/One NatGen, and assisting the VP/RSM in the training and mentoring of new hires
This job does have supervisory duties
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- P&C License, or the ability to obtain within 60 days of hire
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), CRM system, and other sales analytic reports
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environments
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
- Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion
- Must have a proven track record of consistently exceeding expectations, including achieving the territory sales plan and regularly performing in the top tier of the peer group
Total Cash Compensation (TCC) range for this position is from $75,400 to $94,200* per year based on experience and qualifications.
The low end of the TCC range includes base pay of $60,300 annual and performance-based incentives of $15,100 at 100% of sales targets. The high end of the TCC reflects base pay of $75,400 annual and performance-based incentives of $18,800 at 100% of sales targets.
*Incentive payments are not guaranteed and are governed by the terms of the applicable sales bonus plan which is subject to change at National General's discretion.