Liability Adjuster - Hybrid (Charlotte, NC)
Posted on Nov 17 Charlotte, NC 14 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection.
We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Being a part of Allstate means you receive a benefits package from Day 1 of employment. This includes time off, healthcare, retirement, and more. That is why as an Allstater, you'll enjoy a Total Rewards package that includes:
- Competitive pay with needed support for continuous development and career advancement.
- Flexibility in scheduling and a time off policy that helps support your work/life balance.
- Initial and ongoing training to get you proficient in your new role
- Comprehensive benefits like a 401K/pension, education reimbursement, and programs to help you balance work with the rest of your life. Visit www.allstategoodlife.com to learn more.
As a Liability Adjuster, your primary responsibility will be to assist our valued customers in navigating the aftermath of single or multi-vehicle auto losses. Your day-to-day activities will revolve around effective communication with various stakeholders, including policyholders, claimants, agents, witnesses, repair facilities, and contractors. This communication will take place through different channels, including voice calls, email, and text messages.
Once you have completed the comprehensive on-the-job training, you will operate within established processes and frameworks to conduct thorough investigations, assess claims, negotiate effectively, and reach fair settlements for insurance claims involving our Allstate insureds.
You’ll wear a few hats to fill a few roles throughout your day that all require a level of experience:
The Customer Service Expert –you’ll live into Allstate’s Claims Culture by caring, empowering, and restoring, and you will accomplish that by being compassionate, clear, and a committed partner in each Casualty claim. You lead with empathy, always.
The Investigator – you’ll confidently and independently investigate casualty (and applicable LOB (line of business)) claims by performing detailed reviews of damage and interpreting policies to determine coverage.
The Effective Communicator – you’ll use phone, emails and sometimes even video chat with customers to help them through a fast, fair, and easy claims process. You’ll also incorporate a specific approach to claim handling to offer the customer their preference of communication to efficiently discuss their claim needs and keep them updated on the claim progress.
The Negotiator – You will evaluate and negotiate claims settlements with customers, vendors, third party carriers and claimants, in accordance with all legal and business standard methodologies. With negotiations, you will incorporate tactics in handling challenging and complex situations.
The Problem Solver –you’ll utilize multiple tools to get the job done in a fast-paced environment, including estimate tools, job aids, and additional settlement platforms, all while using your sharp critical thinking skills.
The Recorder – you’ll protect the company financially by executing policies along policy agreements, and you keep a clear record of your work in a claims system that you will be trained on. You’ll accomplish this by ensuring timely and accurate documentation is completed as you work on each claim.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED or higher (Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent professional experience)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with an emphasis on customer service.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Detail-oriented and critical thinking mindset
- Proficient in using technology and various software tools for claim processing.
- Familiarity with insurance policies and regulations is a plus.
#LI-AB1When and where will I work?
- Training and onboarding will be conducted in-person at our Charlotte, NC office. You will be expected to work in the office full-time for the duration of your training. There will be opportunity to occasionally work from home during the training period. Office presence is driven by the nature of the work and team needs. The office is located at 1414 S. Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC 28203.
- You will be assigned a schedule between the hours of 7:30 AM and 6:00 PM Monday through Friday, with the potential for a Saturday rotation.
- As a condition of employment, you are expected to obtain an adjuster’s license in multiple markets
- Additional background check requirements through the Department of Insurance (DOI) may be required to obtain your adjuster's license.
- All required licenses will need to be obtained within 60 days of hire
- You must maintain all licensing required for your role. This includes any continuing education and/or other state-affiliated requirements for licensing renewal
- This role offers a sign on bonus of $1,000 if you have an active adjuster license in TX, FL, or your resident state (current employees and candidates who have previously worked for and are seeking to be rehired at Allstate and its family of companies are not eligible for this sign-on bonus)
Compensation offered for this role is $47,500 - $50,000 and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit https://www.allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.