The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Auto Express Claim Representative, Trainee
Posted on Dec 22 Tampa, FL 5 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
$38,400.00 - $63,400.00
What Is the Opportunity?
A Career is waiting for you at Travelers!
Join our Team as an Entry Level Auto Claim Representative, Trainee today!
This is an entry level position that requires satisfactory completion of required training to advance to Claim Rep Auto Express position. This position is intended to develop skills for investigating, evaluating, negotiating and resolving claims on losses of lesser value and complexity. The Claim Representative Trainee will provide quality claim handling throughout the claim life cycle (customer contacts, coverage, investigation, evaluation, reserving, negotiation and resolution) including maintaining full compliance with internal and external quality standards and state specific regulations.
Monday - Friday: 9am - 6pm Eastern Time
This position is located in our Tampa, FL office. Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. Employees in this position are part of a training or development program that may require up to a six-month waiting period before they are eligible for the hybrid model. During the initial six-month training program, employees may be required to work up to five days in the office.
As part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration.
What Will You Do?
- The on the job training includes practice and execution of the following core assignments:
- Participates in on-going training sessions for the Auto Express business.
- Works closely with Unit Manager or mentor to promptly resolve assigned claim.
- Delivers consistent service quality throughout the claim life cycle, including but not limited to prompt contact, explaining the process, setting expectations, on-going communication, follows-through and meeting commitments to achieve optimal outcome on every file.
- Reviews and analyzes low complexity coverage and applies policy conditions, provisions, exclusions and endorsements for Auto Damage only claims in multiple state jurisdictions. Addresses proper application of any deductibles and verifies benefits available and coverage limits that will apply.
- Investigates each claim to obtain relevant facts necessary to determine coverage, causation/damages, confirm liability (0% or 100%) and exposure with respect to the various coverages provided through prompt contact with appropriate parties (e.g., policyholders, claimants, witnesses, agents, etc.).
- Recognizes and requests appropriate inspection type based on the details of the loss and coordinate the appraisal process. Maintains oversight of the repair process and ensures appropriate expense handling.
- Refers claims beyond authority as appropriate based on exposure and established guidelines. Recognizes and forwards appropriate files to subject matter experts (i.e., Subrogation, Property, Adverse Subrogation, etc.).
- Establishes timely and maintains appropriate claim and expense reserves. Manages file inventory and expense reserves by utilizing an effective diary system, documenting claim file activities to resolve claim in a timely manner.
- Determines settlement amounts based upon appraisal estimate and application of applicable limits and deductibles. Conveys claim settlements within authority limits to insureds and claimants. As appropriate, writes denial letters and other necessary correspondence to insureds and claimants.
- Provides quality customer service to meet the needs of the insured, claimant, all internal and external customers.
- In order to perform the essential functions of this job, acquisition and maintenance of Insurance License(s) may be required to comply with state and Travelers requirements. Generally, license(s) must be obtained within three months of starting the job and obtain ongoing continuing education credits as mandated.
- In order to progress to Claim Representative, a Trainee must demonstrate proficiency in the skills outlined above. Proficiency will be verified by appropriate management, according to established standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or a minimum of 2 years of work OR customer service related experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ownership attitude and customer centric response to all assigned tasks - Basic
- Verbal and written communication skills –Intermediate
- Attention to detail ensuring accuracy - Basic
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment managing multiple priorities - Basic
- Analytical Thinking – Basic
- Judgment/ Decision Making – Basic
What is a Must Have?
- High School Diploma or GED and one year of customer service experience OR Bachelor’s Degree required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members – including spouses, domestic partners, and children – are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you’re eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.