Willis Towers Watson
Onsite Support Services – TechBar Lead
Posted on Jan 23 Chicago, IL 126 views
The TechBar Lead for Onsite Support Services (OSS) collaborates within the Global Service Management team to assist the successful provision of in-office technology support. This role involves providing on-site technical assistance to colleagues, resolving hardware and software issues that cannot be addressed remotely. A successful candidate will lead a team of TechBar Technicians responsible for providing in-office services to colleagues.
This position is specifically aligned with a set of Technology Services within the Service Management & Governance group. The primary responsibility is to achieve the successful delivery of services in compliance with WTW standards and contractual agreements with partners. This ensures the fulfillment of business requirements and alignment with company and business segment strategies.
Onsite Support Key Responsibilities
- Lead and mentor a team of TechBar technicians providing guidance, training, and support to ensure effective and efficient technical walk-up experience for colleagues.
- Provide on-site technical support to colleagues that includes, troubleshooting hardware and software related issues.
- Demonstrate a high-level of technical proficiency in diagnosing and resolving hardware issues.
- Offer an exceptional customer service and support experience to colleagues at the technical bar within designated local offices.
- Manage ticket queues and priorities escalations based on established SLA’s.
- Providing clear direction and guidance to team members.
- Demonstrating professionalism, work ethic, and commitment to the team's goals to set a positive example for others.
- Promoting a sense of unity and collaboration among team members, encouraging teamwork, and fostering a positive team culture.
- Responsible for the achievement of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and implementing improvement measures for any metric failures.
- Collaboration with other IT teams to ensure the seamless integration of systems and resolve various complex technical issues that cannot be resolved remotely.
- Support the business in aligning existing or new service delivery, support solutions to meet requirements and expectations whilst aligning to company strategies
- Escalate unresolved or systemic issues to the appropriate IT support teams and follow-up to ensure timely resolution.
- Create or update existing documentation for common technical issues that facilitate colleague self-service. Effectively allocating resources, including personnel, to ensure tasks are completed efficiently and within deadlines.
- Inspiring and motivating team members to perform at their best, recognizing and rewarding achievements, and addressing any issues affecting morale.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as an onsite support technician for Local Services (On-site Support Services) Technology Services with a minimum of 2 years’ experience leading a technical team
- Proven ability to effectively lead a team of technicians supporting on-site teams.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Proven ability to resolve and set up hardware to include desktops, laptops, and technical equipment.
- Familiarity with a variety of hardware, operating systems, and software applications
- Ability to problem-solve and work under pressure effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to adapt to changing technologies and user needs.
- Previous experience dealing with change delivery of local technical service teams.
- Propagate a culture of excellence, openness, communication, and support.
- Assist in the ongoing development and implementation of solutions that are appropriate for the WTW environment.
- Apply technology awareness and associated management skills to guide Service partner and other team members to achieve their full potential.
- Desired Qualifications, Microsoft Intune fundamentals and Microsoft Azure fundamentals
- Understanding of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) principles for delivering standardized IT services
Note that visa employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary range and benefits information for this position are being included in accordance with requirements of various state/local pay transparency legislation. Please note that salaries may vary for different individuals in the same role based on several factors, including but not limited to location of the role, individual competencies, education/professional certifications, qualifications/experience, performance in the role.
The base salary compensation range being offered for this role is 75,000 - 105,000 USD. This role is also eligible for an annual short-term incentive bonus.
WTW provides a competitive benefit package which includes the following (eligibility requirements apply):
- Health and Welfare Benefits: Medical (including prescription coverage), Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Commuter Account, Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Group Accident, Group Critical Illness, Life Insurance, AD&D, Group Legal, Identify Theft Protection, Wellbeing Program and Work/Life Resources (including Employee Assistance Program)
- Leave Benefits: Paid Holidays, Annual Paid Time Off (includes paid state/local paid leave where required), Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Other Leaves (e.g., Bereavement, FMLA, ADA, Jury Duty, Military Leave, and Parental and Adoption Leave).
- Retirement Benefits: Contributory Pension Plan and Savings Plan (401k).
EOE, including disability/vets.