The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Posted on Feb 7 Hartford, CT 7 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
$132,600.00 - $218,700.00
What Is the Opportunity?
Provides leadership to Business Insurance Technology to help ensure that we are continuing to advance key areas such as Identify and Access Management (IAM), Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC), Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery, and application security. Facilitate planning sessions and retrospectives across BI Risk and Cyber group to help teams improve their efficiency and impact. Serve as point of contact with BI Technology for key initiatives such as vulnerability remediation, secrets management, and third parties.
What Will You Do?
Take point on initiatives such as vulnerability remediation and secrets management; Track results, provide metrics, and coordinate resolution as necessary
Support key areas such as business continuity/disaster recovery and compliance
Help determine and socialize priorities for BI Risk and Cyber group
Partner with Enterprise Cyber group to address/resolve concerns with third parties we interact with
Facilitate planning and retrospectives for BI Risk and Cyber group
Coordinate with application areas as new tools and processes such as scanning tools and penetration testing are introduced
Provide feedback into proposed cybersecurity related policies; represent Business Insurance viewpoint
Prepare materials for monthly CIO Cybersecurity Review
Potentially serve as HR manager for staff in BI Risk and Cyber group
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Broad background in cybersecurity including areas such as BC/DR, compliance, and application security
- Experience facilitating planning and retrospectives
- Ability to drive initiatives to successful completion; willingness to hold others accountable
- Ability to independently determine priorities and focus their attention appropriately
- Experience with Agile Lifecycle Management tools such as Rally and/or Jira
- Experience with data aggregation tools
- Experience presenting to senior leaders
What is a Must Have?
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Five years of experience in Computer Science or a related field required.
- One year of experience as a technical lead required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members – including spouses, domestic partners, and children – are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you’re eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.