A.M. Best Lowers Rating for AFL Insurance

March 29, 2002

• August 4, 2004 at 7:57 am
    Carol says:

I was notified that AFL is increasing my LTC insurace by almost 1/3, or $600 a year. I have had this less than 3 years.
    I am considering dropping this policy, as I have another policy, that pays the same daily rate, and it is increasing only $100 per year. Does anyone have any advice, or experiences to share>

• November 20, 2004 at 2:46 am
    Leon says:

Aunt who is in nursing home and collecting from her insurance is having trouble getting paid. Claims for July and August room and board were paid together on 9/30 even though home sent claim for July in on 8/6. Claims for September and October are still not paid as of 11/20. Have filed complaint with both PA and MO insurance departments.

• June 21, 2007 at 3:05 am
    Carolyn says:

I was wondering if AFL is doing any better in 2007 than in 2004. My insurance was raised also, and am worried if I will be covered when I will need it.

• July 10, 2007 at 9:41 am
    David says:

GOOD LUCK. company is now D rated by am best, company seems to be unstable and on the brink of disaster, sounds like the ins dept may step in to take over, that is never good for anyone.

• July 15, 2007 at 9:20 am
    Gale says:

I don’t see that AF&L are rated at all…..where can I get some info on this LTC carrier? The PA Dept of Ins is useless…and the company does not have a website……..

• July 16, 2007 at 8:07 am
    David says:

i would be more than happy to help. I am a LTC specialist in Fl for 18 Years, I have worked with this company for more than i care to admit. you can write me at loonitoons at aol, and I will help you any way i can. david.

• September 9, 2010 at 8:23 am
    ROSEANN says:

MY MOTHER HAS AF&L FOR 10YRS UPON OPENING A CLAIM THE PAYMENTS WERE SLOW NOW WE ARE HAVING ALOT OF PROBLEMS. THEY HAVE TO REVIEW ALL PAPERWORK AND THAT WILL TAKE 10 DAYS. THEY NEVER RECIEVED CLAIM PAPERS FROM ME , ONE PERSON SAID SHE HAD THEM IN HER HAND THEN RECANTED EVERYTHING. I KNOW FOR SURE SHE RECEIVED THEM BECAUSE SHE SAID ALL THAT SHE HAD WAS THE LETTER SHE RECEIVED ABOUT A NEW HEALTHCARE WORKER. I TOLD HER IF YOU HAVE THAT THEN YOU HAVE EVERTHING BECAUSE THEY WERE ALL IN THE MANIIA ENVOLOPE. I AM WORRIED THEY ARE GOING BANKGRUPT. I OWE ALOT OF MONEY TO THESE WONDERFUL WORKERS WHO ARE HELPING ME WITH MY MOM WHO IS VERY ILL.
    THANK YOU I WILL APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION