Thrown Shrimp Blamed in Death of N.Y. Restaurant Patron

January 13, 2006

• January 13, 2006 at 1:17 am
    Mr. Recall says:

Maybe this attorney should move his case to Maryland were the dumb-o-crats can pass a \”thrown shrimp\” health care package to be paid for by Wal-Mart.

• January 13, 2006 at 1:26 am
    Another Unbelieveable! says:

I guess it does not matter where you live, all the states have crooks that call themselves attorneys. How much money will be wasted defending the crock of you know what? The dude obviously had something else wrong with him before or afterwards. If this does not get thrown out of court, the judge should be thrown in the nearest dump because he/she certainly is full of it and belongs there.

• January 16, 2006 at 12:05 pm
    Anonymous says:

I disagree with \”Another Unbelieveable\”. I have seen the chefs throw food many times in those restaurants. I have had it happen to me and it is not pleasant. If I were a juror, I would be hard pressed to believe that didn\’t happen and was not the cause of injury. I would need more information to decide if it was the cause of death, but definatley the cause of injury.

• January 16, 2006 at 12:11 pm
    NJR says:

If ducking to avoid a shrimp caused injuries to the extent he needed surgery then obviously he had pre-existing injury to the neck. If he had been standing outside and ducked to avoid bird ****… we\’d see the same results but who could he sue? I guess the surgeon who operated on him is not enjoined in the suit…what a farce.

• January 16, 2006 at 12:11 pm
    Mark Baldwin says:

I guess life does imitate art. John Belushi must be getting a big chuckle out of this one.

• January 16, 2006 at 1:26 am
    Just say NO says:

My son loves to go to the Japanese steakhouse and at the end of the meal, the chef asks if you want to catch a shrimp. Who knows how this started, I am sure the plantiff\’s attorney will inform the court, but I have never not had the chef ask me if I wanted to catch the shrimp. I also have never seen a shrimp thrown at someone who said \”no thank you.\”

• January 16, 2006 at 1:53 am
    George Takei says:

you freinds, they gone. yo umuch bigger than you friends. you drink too much. you finish now.

• January 16, 2006 at 1:59 am
    RED RIGHTER says:

I WOULD BE EMBARRASSED TO INFORM MY HEIRS—IN ADVANCE—THAT I GOT HURT DUCKING A SHRIMP, UNLESS IT WAS A JUMBO SHRIMP! NOW,ON THE OTHER HAND, IF IT WAS A STEAKHOUSE…..

• January 16, 2006 at 2:52 am
    Tired says:

I can not believe that whoever posted the Jan. 16th 12:05 post is even from this planet!

No educated, sane person could believe this case. I suggest that if you want to file suit and you loose you pay the legal fees of the defense and have the plaintiff attorney contribute!

Maybe then some reality would enter the picture.

Maybe

• January 16, 2006 at 3:18 am
    Tired too says:

Further evidence of the wussification of America. Quick, call up a Pity Committee, uh, I mean, Jury!

We\’re turning into a bunch of babies.

• January 16, 2006 at 3:36 am
    Money for Nothing... says:

…and your kicks for free!

Nothing like greed to say to your dearly departed how much you really care!

• January 16, 2006 at 4:21 am
    claimsace says:

It seems that this went to trial last week. In court papers, the restaurant alleges Colaitis was not dodging the shrimp, but was hurt trying to catch one with his mouth (assumption of the risk???). The deceased was a Long Island fur magnate, and the widow is upset, hence the $10M claim (nothing that a bunch of cash won\’t fix). I have seen a lot of outrageous claims since I got out of law school, but this one is up there in my top ten!

• January 17, 2006 at 8:32 am
    riskman says:

Tired too, you\’ve got that right. It\’s so sad.

• January 17, 2006 at 11:59 am
    S. Chasm says:

You know it\’s hard to blame a shrimp when the family is trying to be \”Shellfish\” themselves.

I\’m sorry…I couldn\’t resist

• January 17, 2006 at 12:12 pm
    Melville Man says:

Yo,Yo,Yo. This happened on da Island and there ain\’t no hits out there without Mr. S\’s ok, therefore, ipso factotem, this is an accident. If assistance is needed with the jury, please call Mr.S.

• January 17, 2006 at 1:05 am
    Vita R. says:

What a whale of a story.
    Maybe I should clam up! :)