New Jersey Man Who Caused Crash Afraid Mom Would Know He Drank

June 12, 2008

• June 13, 2008 at 12:18 pm
    Judgmental A-Hole says:

Wow! I can’t believe how you people are so quick to pass judgment on someone based on a few words written by some hack journalist. I am not defending the behavior of some drunken momma’s boy who has no business being behind the wheel, but this guy has already been tried and executed by you guys. And as far as Jersey traffic circles…oh never mind.

• June 12, 2008 at 12:53 pm
    Dread says:

How pathetic is this? A 36 year old male (can’t bring myself to refer to him as a man, still living at home, being so irresponsible and stupid to get drunk, then compound the problem by staying behind the wheel on the road for fear of his mother? This is “Moron of the Year” material.

• June 12, 2008 at 1:59 am
    Ray says:

It isn’t surprising that the accident happened in one of those roundabouts that New Jersey is so infamous for having.

• June 12, 2008 at 2:47 am
    Suzi says:

IF there are any circles left here that wouls be the only one. They have been mostly eliminated

• June 12, 2008 at 5:08 am
    Sober says:

Hey Suzi, hey Ray, it ain’t the circles that’s the problem.Millions of folks use them everyday. Mr Dread was right-on. This character, first is a liar with that bullsh_t excuse. Even if his mother was meaner than Hillary, it isn’t believable that he was in fear of her. Rather this putrid excuse for a man, was “afraid” she’d throw his miserable *** out of the house for coming in drunk still another time.Thank God he didn’t kill anyone. What we need to see in this country is the elimination of some kind of “forgiveness” that the public gives a drunk when he kills someone, by saying, “oh well, ya know, he was drunk”. Does that make the dead victim any less dead ?
    Jerks of this ilk need to be sentenced to long sentences at hard labor. And YES: it’s too damn bad if his family loses the bread-winner. What about the person he killed. Haven’t they lost their loved one and bread-winner.
    Next, is going after where he was served alcohol. I’ve been in restaurants and bars and see people wander in already “wasted” only to be willingly served by the house.
    I’ve objected only to be told by the bartender, “don’t worry, pal, he’s ok ”
    And for that 16-21 age crowd: Boy what a bunch of losers ! First they say “if I’m old enough to die for my country why can’t I have a beer before age 21 ?” Answer is: because the numbers at which you stupid kids are killing yourselves and others each year, make our death toll pale in Vietnam, Iraq & Afghanistan.
    So, when these pukes get a keg, and they get hurt or hurt others, law enforcement need a law that ANYONE getting a keg provide ID and sign a statement that youth will not be served AND the keg needs to a device like ‘LoJac” in it so it can be traced back to the purchaser
    If we don’t get ourselves in gear on this, the carnage out there will continue

• June 12, 2008 at 5:23 am
    lastbat says:

I disagree on going after the server because I have never believed in dram shop laws. People need to be responsible for their own actions and that includes when they consume alcohol.

This guy is a loser. For being afraid of mommy, for not staying put to get sober, and I’m sure for many other things in his life as well. He’s lucky he didn’t kill the paramedics.

• June 12, 2008 at 6:46 am
    AL COHOL says:

LASTBAT—I AGREE! IF THE BARTENDER IS RESPONSIBLE, THEN THE CONVENIENCE MART IS ALSO AT FAULT FOR SELLING TO SOMEONE ALREADY UI? I DON’T THINK SO!

• June 13, 2008 at 7:39 am
    Alec says:

Uh……..Yeah. Given the facts he should be tried and executed. What else to you need to pull the proverbial trigger? Our courts waste entirely too much time coddling offenders like this. If we had a justice system that was swift in addressing jerks like this, we’d get more of them off the streets. I think Dread is right on.

• June 13, 2008 at 7:45 am
    jenn says:

I agree with lastbat. I’m sick of everyone being blamed but the loser who made the decision to drink and drive. I’m sure there are occasions that it is obvious to a bartender that a patron is inebriated and shouldn’t be served but with some people it’s hard to tell. This guy is just a pathetic – he needs to get a grip!

• June 13, 2008 at 12:50 pm
    Captian Obvious says:

Take responsibility LOSER. Maybe we should blame the car manufacturer for allowing their vehicles to driven by a drunk. They should have factory installed breathalizers. LOL

• June 13, 2008 at 6:31 am
    InsIsMyPassion says:

Hey Al.

In some states, the convenience store IS held responsible for selling to underage and visibly intoxicated people.

Dram shop laws vary throughout the country.