Vermont Jury Awards Man $380K for Turkey Hunt Wounds

July 14, 2010

• July 14, 2010 at 12:05 pm
    youngin' says:

According to his attorney, Mr. Townsend attended a hunting safety course with curriculum designed by Dick Cheney, and the syllabus was typed up by George Bush.

SAFETY RULES
    1) Always hunt a partner.
    2) Never point your gun away from other hunters.
    3) Wear brightly colored camouflage.

• July 14, 2010 at 12:28 pm
    jdoe says:

Never, EVER, go hunting with Dick Cheney… this is the moral to these stories.

• July 14, 2010 at 12:34 pm
    mike77 says:

What happened to a hunting or fishing accident, this was not intentional. Do we have to go to court and sue for everything? I hope this gets overturned.

• July 14, 2010 at 12:39 pm
    Wisconsin Charly says:

In 1982 near Warren, Ohio, a farmer shot a teenager. His defense???? He thought it was a ground hog.

• July 14, 2010 at 1:01 am
    Rowlf says:

My thoughts exactly! I doubt if his lawyer friend collected that much.

BTW, the real story behind the Cheney incident is that Cheney was having a few nips of some brandy while he was hunting. His lawyer friend shouted to him, “Hey, Dick – how about givin’ me a shot….?!”

Ha, ha, ha!

• July 14, 2010 at 1:08 am
    MadDog says:

Thanks for making me laugh today, everyone. Thanks, too, for taking this one for what it’s worth and not making it political.

• July 14, 2010 at 1:15 am
    Hank says:

But in all honest, it probably is Obama’s fault.

• July 14, 2010 at 1:18 am
    madDog?? says:

You are either naive or a Democrat. Please forgive my redundancy.

• July 14, 2010 at 1:31 am
    youngin' says:

And you clearly haven’t been reading the posts or are stupid. Just because we are making fun of an accident caused by a man who happens to be a politician, doesn’t mean this is political.

• July 14, 2010 at 1:41 am
    wudchuck says:

well, if you look, each pellet is worth $7047 @. expensive price for a single pellet. now, the rest of the story:

the turkey saw this fella walking along the wood way and decided to place a few of his feathers on this guy’s rear. of course, what would it be like if we did not hear the clucking of the turkey after that. since the hunter saw the feathers, he assumed it was the real deal and took a shot. afterwards it was not a cluck you heard, but an OUCH! ooops! now the turkey moved away after a big laugh saying, ‘guess, you won’t shoot me now! cluck cluck….

• July 14, 2010 at 2:56 am
    smitty95 says:

Turkeys don’t cluck. They gobble…

• July 14, 2010 at 3:00 am
    MadDog says:

Thanks, youngin, for calling me what you are. Read my post again. I said the previous posts were NOT political and that’s part of what I said thanks for. Excuse me.

• July 14, 2010 at 3:03 am
    smitty95 says:

Who made the crack about naive Democrats??