Connecticut Teen Injured in Gym Class Sues Town

By | July 21, 2011

• July 21, 2011 at 1:41 pm
    secretagentman says:

Maybe she should just wear a helmet everywhere she goes, shopping, grocery store, movies etc. It’s a rough world out there, you should be prepared!!

• July 21, 2011 at 1:54 pm
    DS says:

It seems a bit frivolous. However if they are just suing for reimbursement of medical costs (as the article seems to indicate) it’s fine w/me. If there were any requests for pain & suffering, throw it out.

• July 21, 2011 at 1:58 pm
    allrisk says:

This is amazing, sad but amazing that a lawyer would take on such a case.

• July 21, 2011 at 2:05 pm
    Nancy says:

Money is Money. Soon the kids won’t have to worry about getting hurt by anything but paper and pencils. There is no money for these kids for art, music, sports etc, gym will be next.

• July 21, 2011 at 2:46 pm
    Compman says:

She was probably texting on her phone and not paying attention and got hit. I have never seen a baseball player or tennis player wearing a helmet for protection. Well, the baseball player will if he is at bat or catching but not out in the field. Pretty soon we will just have to keep our kids in cocoons until they are 18.

• July 21, 2011 at 3:31 pm
    Maggie says:

I played Raquet Ball in high school and college. It is a game played with a racket and a ball in an enclosed space with only glasses for protection. I had no idea I was in danger of a traumatic brain injury. What were my parents thinking….. :o(

• July 22, 2011 at 10:55 am
    Water Bug says:

I love playing tennis and I have been hit hard in the head by tennis balls particularly when playing doubles. (I never said I was a good tennis player)Tennis balls are soft and squishy and while the impact stings, the ball would have to be fired from an artillery piece to do any real damage. Other than a nasty welt and a couple pairs of glasses being destroyed I never suffered any lasting harm on the tennis court.

Now that I’m old and crispy I should probably give up such a dangerous game and take up tiddly winks or something else more suited to my age.

• July 22, 2011 at 5:01 pm