New Jersey Selects Administrator for Sandy Claims Mediation Program

April 1, 2013

  • April 1, 2013 at 5:30 pm
    Pete Johnson says:
    Like or Dislike:
    Thumb up 0
    Thumb down 0

    So mediation for all but NFIP policy holders. When is NFIP going to step up to the plate and pay what THEY owe?
    Oh, that’s right, no extra contractual damages, no bad faith and on and on. Why should they?
    They pay the proper amount on about 20% of the claims (when an adjuster with a conscience assesses it), the other 80% are lowballed (by IAs fearing retribution from gov. officials). They wear the insured down by asking them to complete the repairs and show receipts. How is the insured supposed to do the proper job without having the money to do so?
    And when the insured asks for appraisal the answer is “although it’s clearly written in the policy, that’s not how it’s done here”

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *