U.N. Science Panel Warns Climate Impacts on Oceans Include Rising Seas, Dry Rivers

By | September 26, 2019

• September 26, 2019 at 1:34 pm

Ho Hum.

Another Scary Monster story where the only proposed solution is completely unrealistic reductions of carbon emissions, meaning lower standards of living for everyone, including the world’s poor. Good luck with that. (Any word from China and India about their rapid increase in coal-based power? Hello?)

Here in the USA, where a majority say climate change is “real”, whatever the hell that means, a majority ALSO say they wouldn’t spend $10. per month in added taxes to solve the problem.

And the real solutions are right in front of our nose (no, not Insurance Journal’s nose, but people who actually read the truth about Climate Change). We can stop ALL carbon emissions in 20 years and “save” the planet by planting millions and millions of trees and adopting clean nuclear power.

Now back to sleep everyone. The “journalists” of the world don’t really want to solve the problem. Unless it means more economic pain to regular people . . . which will never happen.

• September 26, 2019 at 2:03 pm
      Well-loved. Like or Dislike:

It’s not completely unrealistic to reduce carbon emissions. Additionally, nothing worth doing is ever easy, why does your laziness mean we can’t do anything about climate change?

You’re once again focusing on “well why should we do anything if x y z isn’t doing anything” you have to be the change you want to see in the world, Craig. It’s a lot easier to push others to be better if you yourself are being better. I know this is a difficult concept for you, but maybe try hope and doing the right thing on for size.

Prove that a majority wouldn’t pay $10 a month in added taxes to solve the problem. Where are you getting that information? Do you have a an actual poll or are you pulling that from thin air?

Where is your evidence that that’s the solution to climate change? What studies are you basing this on? You’ve provided a lot of statements without any cited research once again.

• September 26, 2019 at 2:22 pm
        Craig Cornell says:
        Hot debate. What do you think?

Good luck. How much have you sacrificed in your own life? Given up air conditioning? The NY Times said air conditioining was the greatest cause of CO2 production in the world. (My guess: you aren’t sweating at work OR home in the summer.)

And don’t put words in my mouth. I never said we should do nothing; I actually am pointing to the only realistic solutions. You live in a fantasy land; no one in history was ever shamed into good behavior. Asking people to pay more voluntarily just won’t happen.

That’s why all the Dems. propose force as a solution: shut down fossil fuel operations, raise gas and energy taxes, give rich people more money to buy electric cars. (Also why they are going to lose again in 2020; nobody wants their freedom crushed, even liberals.)

• September 26, 2019 at 2:31 pm
          Jon says:

Where’s your article proving the NY times said that? Google shows an easy article from the NY Times talking about the city’s efforts to reduce air conditioning, but I find zero evidence of your claim that “air conditioning is the greatest cause of CO2 production in the world”. So once again, provide evidence of your claim, because as of right now your claim seems false. Additionally, I live on coastal California, no I don’t have air conditioning.

I’m not putting words in your mouth, you said doing something would mean lower standards of living for the poor, and to quote “Good luck with that.” which implies that you are not taking part. Perhaps you should be more careful with choosing your words? Additionally, you are CLAIMING that you are providing the only realistic solutions, but as previously noted you are not a climate scientist and you have provided ZERO evidence for any of your claims. So, no, I don’t live in a fantasy land, I’m merely asking you to provide evidence to back up your ludicrous claims.

No one in history was ever shamed into good behavior, really? Because https://www.futurity.org/shame-humans-evolution-1112252-2/ recent studies have explained “the function of pain is to prevent us from damaging our own tissue. The function of shame is to prevent us from damaging our social relationships, or to motivate us to repair them.”. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/09/180910173734.htm Human beings developed the ability to feel shame because it helped promote social cohesion. Plenty of people have been shamed into good behavior. I watched someone at my office drop something on the ground and start to walk away from it, when someone else said “you’re really just going to leave that there?” The first person walked back and picked up their litter. So yes, plenty of people in history have been shamed into good behavior. Your statement to the contradictory is absolutely wrong.

Aside from attacks on liberals, which is expected, pointless and asinine, you have no actual data to back your arguments once again. You have peppered your comment with false statements and assumptions. This idiotic drivel is boring, are you ever going to actually research the things you claim or am I going to have to keep pointing out your incompetence at arguing this topic over and over?

• September 26, 2019 at 3:14 pm
          Jon says:

Man, I’m not sure why my post isn’t updating yet but it shuts you down hard.

• September 26, 2019 at 3:19 pm
          Jon says:

Okay, so my post apparently disappeared without posting. Let’s try this again.

I can find ZERO references on google to the NY times saying air conditioning is “the greatest cause of CO2 production in the world” where is your evidence of that statement? Because that seems like another garbage nonsense statement you’re presenting as fact. Cite your source. Additionally, I live in coastal California, so no I don’t have air conditioning.

I’m not putting words in your mouth. You yourself said the proposed solution would make life harder and then “Good luck with that.” which implies that you will not be doing anything. It’s your way or the highway. You’re also stating that you have the only “realistic” solution, what do you base that on? You’re not a climate scientist, what factual data do you have to back your response up?

The claim that “no one in history was ever shamed into good behavior” is blatantly false. I had a coworker drop something on the ground a few weeks back in the breakroom and start to walk away. Someone else said “Are you really going to just leave that there?” the first coworker then walked back and picked up their litter. Did I just blow your mind of the first time in history of someone being shamed into good behavior? No, because of course that’s what shame does. http://www.futurity.org/shame-humans-evolution-1112252-2/ and http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/09/180910173734.htm The function of shame is to prevent us from damaging our social relationships, or to motivate us to repair them.

Once again, baseless attacks on the Dems and liberals. You don’t have the data or evidence to back up your wild theories or assertions that YOU know the answers to the climate crisis. You are not a climate scientist and you do not have any evidence or logic to support your ludicrous claims. Do I have to continue to school you on your incompetence in the matter or will you actually maybe read up on the subject?

• September 27, 2019 at 2:22 pm

New York Times 2016.

The reason air conditioning used to be, key words used to be, a problem was because of HFC’s. Regulations have cut down on the amount of release during production and use these are released. Outside of that, it is about 6% of the residential energy use in the U.S. Take note of that wording. Not of the total energy use, the residential energy use. This means it is lower as a portion of the total.

You’re plainly wrong on this Craig.

But I do have to note to Jon, all people get some things wrong. Craig still has the right idea on many things and is useful for debate and useful for the overall equation. Conservatives and liberals have strong and weak points, but you do not believe this, and your main goal is to own the noobs so to speak. You have got to calm down. On carbon release in particular, doing something for the sake of doing something without considering costs is just bluntly foolish. Someone acting like you would bankrupt the country in the name of doing “something”.

As for carbon affects on temperature, this is one of the big reasons I don’t trust the NOAA, as I pointed out here, both the NOAA and NASA have different figures now then they did a decade ago, and the NOAA basically managed to get the government to make it a jail able offense to quote their source data. I already once linked to the page which said it, for confused to see, and I said at the time I was worried that may be crossing lines for them. I wonder why it is illegal to show their historical tables?

This guy talks about it, and he is a registered democrat who is conscious about the environment. He uses over 400 sources in his post about it.

htt ps://medium.com/@pullnews/what-i-learned-about-climate-change-the-science-is-not-settled-1e3ae4712ace

I knew of this, and I told confused the same, he goes over what I did with Carbon here, quoting how it is not an opinion that NASA and the NOAA changed their table data. They did. That is an action on it’s own that they try to explain away, but they didn’t just do it once. It was multiple times, and it was not done as the science got better and they found better methods as they claim in public. That isn’t the only issue, carbon before a certain time frame, did not drive temperature. That is the big one that ticked this guy off. Yes, using tree rings which only go back a thousand years roughly, if you believe that science, during a speck of the Earth’s life temperatures have followed carbon. But when you go to ice samples, more accurate, the science is settled on it, and they go further back (sometimes millions of years) carbon CLEARLY doe NOT drive temps. They are polar opposites at certain points. And it is crucially a MUCH LARGER time frame than tree rings and more reliable. I wonder why they chose the tree ring data to present over ice samplings? They chose the smaller time frame over millions of years. A speck vs a cup of specks.

• September 27, 2019 at 2:58 pm

Sigh. Here we go again.

This is your problem. You’re actually admitting that Craig has posted something incorrect and calling him out on it, this one time. And then you follow it up with a hey everbody’s wrong sometimes no big deal type comment. This is not the first time that Craig has lied and twisted facts to help his argument. Remember when he was spouting that 26 of the last 27 mass killers were fatherless in an attempt to goalpost shift an anti-gun conversation, with data that was later refuted? I do. Remember when he posted a study saying that THC caused psychosis, and when pressed the link he sent actually said that it “may” cause psychosis, and multiple researchers involved thought it was too soon to draw any kind of conclusion of the sort? I remember it quite well.

And yet you tell me to calm down and go on listing the various anti-climate change talking points you’ve gone over in the past. I don’t care to dissect your argument right now, I was dissecting Craig’s. Which you’ve just rushed to try and save because as usual, you are firmly planted on the right. That’s fine, but once again things that you’ve blasted me for on this board turn into a mild slap on the wrists for Craig. Your hypocrisy continues to shine. Congratulations that you actually opened your eyes for one thing, what about everything else?

• September 27, 2019 at 3:11 pm
            bob says:

“This is not the first time that Craig has lied and twisted facts to help his argument.”

You just switched gears. He doesn’t twist facts or lie, he believes what he says.

We weigh each problem on it’s own. We debate each issue on it’s own. You degrade him constantly, and it isn’t ok. And you insist that you be allowed to each time I tell you to stop. This degrading makes YOU a poor debater. It limits YOUR growth. Stop focusing on Craig, and maybe you can grow.

“And yet you tell me to calm down and go on listing the various anti-climate change talking points you’ve gone over in the past.”

You just changed gears again. I told you to leave Craig alone and see him as useful and human, and then I went over climate change. It isn’t linked. You said “and” as if the two are somehow linked together, if I tell you to calm down and go over points I must be a bad person? Some ad hominem way of discrediting me I am sure.

“I don’t care to dissect your argument right now, I was dissecting Craig’s. Which you’ve just rushed to try and save because as usual, you are firmly planted on the right.”

Craig’s was wrong, but you also go over climate change a lot and are wrong yourself. It doesn’t matter why I rushed in, though you mentioned the need to control carbon and I went over a post that goes over among many aspects of error with climate change, the affect of carbon, it was not random, it was due to a highlight of what you said. Ad hominem attacks are your primary go to. It doesn’t matter if you believe my beliefs are firmly on the right. It matters what they are on their own. You limit your intellect by labeling what or who something comes from. This is why I’m smarter than you, and I am. I don’t limit who is credible based on the side they are on. It’s based on the facts they say. You didn’t rebuttal my facts because you can’t. You do this each time I make an irrefutable argument.

“That’s fine, but once again things that you’ve blasted me for on this board turn into a mild slap on the wrists for Craig. Your hypocrisy continues to shine. Congratulations that you actually opened your eyes for one thing, what about everything else?”

Incorrect. I tell Craig he’s wrong. I tell you that you can’t mistreat people here. You insist you can. What you do here is far worse than him by the way. You want to destroy capitalism by your own words, and, you think you can degrade as parts of your arguments, AND you believe you can use character assaults as PART OF your argument, not something you say in the heat of the moment like Craig. Craig is impulsive, you calculate these attacks. List one way I was a hypocrite, spell it out. I’m getting tired of this style of character assault. All I said was craig is useful, he was wrong, that’s fine, and pointed out why you’re wrong about carbon and climate change, and you go full “hypocrite!” and refuse to play nice. What the hell do you expect but a punch back?

Are you this used to pushing people around without anything happening in real life? Or is it that you are a weak willed person in real life who gets it out here?

• September 27, 2019 at 4:07 pm
            Jon says:

“He wouldn’t say what he doesn’t believe and just lie for the sake of it.”

LOL clearly you don’t know what internet trolls actually are. This is the entire point of my issue with Craig, he’s just a troll. He’s a loud, obnoxious one, but he’s still a troll. You’re kind of a troll too but I still haven’t figured out if you’re actually trolling or if it really is just a facet of mental illness. Like I said, you’ve got a lot going on too. Also, yeah, craig KNOWS that when you said “Craig you’re wrong” you were talking about his lying about Air Conditioning, his insulting me instead of debating the issues, his hypocrisy and everything else. You really laid it on for him. You’re a joke, dude LOL

• September 27, 2019 at 3:16 pm
          bob says:

I mean really, THIS is why you say it wasn’t ok what I said about Craig:

“But I do have to note to Jon, all people get some things wrong.”

Nothing wrong with this and not an attack.

“Craig still has the right idea on many things and is useful for debate and useful for the overall equation.”

I have to tell you that he is still a useful human being and you refuse to acknowledge that? How do you view Craig? You are sick in the way you degrade people. This is a positive self evident comment.

“Conservatives and liberals have strong and weak points,”

Me giving credence to your side and everyone.

“but you do not believe this,”

And you don’t.

“and your main goal is to own the noobs so to speak.”

And it is, you are fighting each person here as if they were the devil when they speak, you claim that he isn’t a human when I tell you he is.

” You have got to calm down.”

What is wrong with this?

“On carbon release in particular, doing something for the sake of doing something without considering costs is just bluntly foolish. Someone acting like you would bankrupt the country in the name of doing “something”. ”

And, this is just pointing out what you told Craig to just do something, could result in a political member being foolish and just spending money on anything.

You did not reply in line with the respect you were given, you acted like my mild mannered post about credence to the left and right was a ghastly thing to say, and blew your top AGAIN. Stop it! I do have bite for my bark, you know this, and I will shut you down.

• October 2, 2019 at 6:14 pm
          John Mosheim says:

Craig, do you have the date of the NYT article? Thxs – John

• September 26, 2019 at 3:20 pm
    Jon says:

Okay, so my post apparently disappeared without posting. Let’s try this again.

The claim that “no one in history was ever shamed into good behavior” is blatantly false. I had a coworker drop something on the ground a few weeks back in the breakroom and start to walk away. Someone else said “Are you really going to just leave that there?” the first coworker then walked back and picked up their litter. Did I just blow your mind of the first time in history of someone being shamed into good behavior? No, because of course that’s what shame does. futurity.org/shame-humans-evolution-1112252-2/ and sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/09/180910173734.htm The function of shame is to prevent us from damaging our social relationships, or to motivate us to repair them.

• September 26, 2019 at 5:14 pm
      Craig Cornell says:

Clown: You cited NOTHING you have done to “save the planet”. Proving my point completely. No one wants to do a damn thing about Climate Change themselves except force other people to do something about it.

China? India? HA HA HA HA. You lefties aren’t serious at all until you confront those countries and convince them their people should live in poverty to save the planet.

P.S. Your “shaming” example didn’t change his behavior. He simply reacted when caught; there is no evidence whatsoever he won’t do the same damn thing next time when no one is looking.

• September 26, 2019 at 6:26 pm
        Jon says:

Are you blind or just not actually reading before you start yelling, old man? I was never on call to cite anything I’d done to “save the planet” I don’t have to answer to your standards, I merely provided evidence and data to back up my argument, something you have trouble with.

Once again, this defeatist whataboutism isn’t actually an argument. You literally have nothing, you old coward.

Lastly, my shaming example corrected his behavior. Even if he has to be shamed every time, he would then pick the litter up every time. He reacted when caught, so I will continue to catch you. You lie, you spread false information, and you approach debate with hypocritical stances.

• September 26, 2019 at 6:49 pm
          Craig Cornell says:

Great insights on Climate Change. Impressive knowledge.

No wonder so many people are convinced to do nothing. Hey, try calling everyone a name like “Denier” and see how that works for you.

(Oops. Us Deniers are laughing at you. Shame doesn’t seem to work so good for, you know, intelligent people.)

• September 26, 2019 at 7:00 pm
            Jon says:

What, you have nothing to say on the below posts where I shut you down so you came back up here to try? I wasn’t actually trying to provide insights on climate change, I was poking holes in your ridiculous attempt at debate. Try to stick to the facts. Don’t worry either, I’m well aware that shame doesn’t have any affect on you. An intelligent, genuine person would feel nothing but shame acting the way you have, I wouldn’t expect you to feel any shame at all though :)

• September 26, 2019 at 5:10 pm
    Craig Cornell says:

Key paragraph: “But even then, most people are not willing to spend much. Seventy percent say they would vote against a $10 monthly fee tacked on to their power bill. Forty percent would oppose a $1 monthly increase.”

And, from the NY Times:

If You Fix This, You Fix a Big Piece of the Climate Puzzle
    By LISA FRIEDMAN JULY 13, 2017

There’s no single solution for climate change, but there is one that would be more effective than others. What do you think it is?

Build more wind farms

Eat less meat worldwide

Improve air-conditioners

Switch to mass transit

Illustrations by Jessia Ma / The New York Times
    You’re right! Curbing 87 percent of the climate change pollutants found in air-conditioners by 2050 could eliminate 89.7 gigatons of emissions.

(By the way, Jon must be the most inept person in insurance at searching the internet for answers.)

• September 26, 2019 at 6:32 pm
      Jon says:

Wow, good for you Craig, you actually proved something with data! Now if you’d only do that on evewrything.

Additionally, the fact that the majority of americans wouldn’t agree to paying personally to fix the environment is your argument. Great. What about the minority of americans that control the majority of wealth, what if just they pay for it? I bet the majority of Americans would be just fine with that. But your right-wing conservative base is only in the business of making the rich richer. Your average american shouldn’t have to pay for fixing the environment when the richest are the ones responsible for causing this problem, they should be the one paying for it. Additionally, they’re the ones trying to deny it’s a man-made problem, but you can’t follow that common-sense logic thread to realize you’re being lied to huh?

Additionally, here’s the part where I point out your lies again!

“The NY Times said air conditioining was the greatest cause of CO2 production in the world.” That is what you posted. Here’s what the article you linked says:
      “Hydrofluorocarbons, or HFCs, account for about 1 percent of global greenhouse gas emissions, but they can be thousands of times as potent than carbon dioxide and may account for up to 19 percent of emissions by 2050 if their manufacture continues unchecked.”

So we could reduce our emissions by 19%. 19%. That’s a pretty big number, sure, bigger than I expected, but it’s a FAR cry from “the greatest cause of CO2 production in the world” especially since they don’t actually emit CO2 huh? Do you actually EVER read these articles or just skim the headlines and draw your ridiculous conclusions? But I bet now that you’ve been absolutely proven wrong you’re still going to just push that you’re right on everything else, right? Or are you going to go for the good old Craig Stops Commenting When Proven Wrong tactic, that we’ve seen time and time again? You lie and lie and lie and keep trying to continue like normal.

• September 26, 2019 at 6:34 pm
        Jon says:

I mean you already started the name-calling with your usual dropping of Clown, but I’m guessing this is where you just lean more into your childish witless “doody-head” or maybe the spanish insults this time? Anything to avoid confronting your rampant hypocrisy and misinformation.

• September 26, 2019 at 6:58 pm
        Craig Cornell says:

Are you stupid or just pretending to be?

The problem with air conditioning units is that it takes energy to run them. Duh. That means . . . drum roll please . . . massive amounts of CO2 are spewed into the atmosphere when people use air conditioning powered by fossil fuels, which is nearly ALL air conditioning in the world.

And guess what, Einstein? Air conditioning use is exploding in China, India, and Africa. They decided that if the Chicken Littles of the US won’t stop using air conditioning, they want it too.

Congratulations! Leading by Example.

• September 26, 2019 at 7:01 pm
          Jon says:

LOL Your own article proved your argument wrong, you don’t have any evidence on your claims about the energy to run the air conditioning units. You were asked to post a link, and you did, it’s just your link proved you were lying. Now that you’ve been proven to be a liar you’re trying to cover your butt and resorting to insults. It’s childish and pathetic, but I expect no less from you. Why don’t you actually try to read the articles you pretend to before you try to talk with the grown-ups? LOL

• September 26, 2019 at 8:06 pm
            Craig Cornell says:

You are an idiot. You can find multiple articles on the internet about the massive impact of air conditioning on Climate Change, and impact expected to grow rapidly with economic growth in poor countries and – duh – a warming planet!

You say you care about Climate Change. You don’t. If you did, you would know more about it.

For you – like most Americans – it is just cocktail PC drivel to say you “believe” and we should do something, we only have “12 years” left blah blah blah.

And then you do exactly nothing in your own life to make a difference but propose ideas that will never work. Windmills! If you cared, you would have a real solution. One that costs less than $10. per month.

• September 26, 2019 at 8:54 pm
            Jon says:

Lol you’re calling me an idiot but you can’t even follow your own talking points. You were the one who made a claim and when questioned on it provided a link that refuted your claim! You can’t keep your lies straight, so you turn to attacks. It’s pathetic and cowardly, Craig. I know enough about climate change to know it’s a real problem and that not fighting it benefits the rich. I know enough about climate change to actually look something up before I claim it as fact. Maybe you should try it sometime.

Like most senior citizen Trump supporters, you deny things like logic, fact and evidence. You regurgitate fox news talking points because you’re too stupid and afraid to think for yourself. If you started thinking, you might realize what a bad person you actually are. Can’t have that, can we? I’m not a climate scientist and I never claimed to be, that’s the difference between us. I’m fine not knowing the answer, it’s just you think you know the answer and so you act like you do, when really you’re just another entitled, spiteful, ignorant conservative worm. You’re pathetic, Craig, and your attempts to spread your hateful rhetoric will continue to fail. But please, spout some more hypocritical garbage or post another link that refuted your own argument LOL

• September 26, 2019 at 7:10 pm
    Hector Projector says:

Maybe you two should meet…in a diner…and one of you wear a red scarf.

• September 26, 2019 at 8:07 pm
      Craig Cornell says:

Can’t. Global Warming made scarfs pointless . . .

• September 26, 2019 at 8:55 pm
        Jon says:

That would actually be funny if you weren’t a pathetic climate change denying conservative shill.

• September 27, 2019 at 11:35 am
          Craig Cornell says:

Are you trying to be a stereotype of a liberal with no sense of humor? If so, good job.

And when did I “deny” Climate Change? Oh, right. Never. But then again, to fit your stereotype, you leap to inaccurate name calling. Just like a stereotypical Lefty.

(Wear the green scarf. You know, it’s more climate sensitive.)

• September 27, 2019 at 11:48 am
            Jon says:

LOL WHO thinks liberals have no sense of humor? we’ve been over this, Craig. Liberals have all of the best comedians. You get like Gallagher and Tim Allen. We’ve got Seinfeld, Rock, Mulaney, Galifianakis… the list goes on. Enjoy the comedic stylings of James Woods though LOL loser

You’re of the camp who denied climate change until it became idiotic to pretend climate change wasn’t happening, so now you’re denying that it’s man-made climate change or preventable climate change. Additionally, you do see the literal posts above where YOU started the name-calling, right? Or are you too stupid to realize you started that? LOL you big hypocritical crybaby. It’s only okay for you to call people names but when someone else does it you whine and whine. Pathetic.

• September 27, 2019 at 12:47 pm
            Craig Cornell says:

I tried to find any intelligent comment about Climate Change. As usual, none to be found. Zero, as usual. Just Virtue Signaling.

Enjoy your lattes with your gender-mysterious buddies while you tell yourselves how noble you are for babbling about something you know nothing about and do nothing about. . .

• September 27, 2019 at 1:02 pm
            Jon says:

So once again, were proven wrong and have no answer except to insult, make a transphobic comment and pretend you somehow hold the high ground. That was pathetic even for you Craig LOL and still no responses to any of the above posts where I shut down your nonsense? Maybe you should try a new hobby LOL

• September 27, 2019 at 1:36 pm
            Craig Cornell says:

Transphobic? I have no idea what gender choice your friends are making today. And I’m cool with that. Could not care less.

• September 27, 2019 at 1:55 pm
            Jon says:

Right, you just casually felt like dropping the term “gender-mysterious buddies” in the conversation ,but that has nothing to do with transphobia. Pathetic attempt at denial, Craig. You took a crack at trying to insult me and instead just showed your own prejudices and ignorance once again.

• September 27, 2019 at 2:39 pm
        bob says:

This was funny, people here really don’t like you though. Well, I should say the new crowd. I have watched the conservatives steadily leave. This site used to have more likes on conservative posts by a long shot, until the conservatives really got tired of being bullied and left.

• September 27, 2019 at 4:28 pm
          Jon says:

LOL awwww poor sadboi conservatives had to leave because people actually stood up to them. Poor little snowflakes. I am not doing this for likes, as I have stated. I’m doing this to provide balance. I lurked this board a while and got really sick of the conservative knuckleheads just viciously mocking anyone who disagreed with them, or ganging up on commenters who would offer a dissenting opinion. I’ve literally just been playing your own game from a different angle. It helps that I’m better at it than you lot, but still. If you can’t stand the heat, etc. etc.

• September 27, 2019 at 8:58 am
      ??? says:

They could be like a couple of fonzies… and what’s Fonzie like, Yollanda?

• September 27, 2019 at 11:37 am
    Craig Cornell says:

” . . . not fighting Climate Change benefits the rich.”

Hey doofus, the reason China and India won’t listen to you mindless scolds is that they are trying to help over one billion poor people have lives like yours.

Those two countries are – BY FAR – the greatest contributors to Climate Change. Your knee-jerk Marxist babble would be embarrassing if you had a brain. . . but then you wouldn’t be a Leftist, would you?

• September 27, 2019 at 11:50 am
      Jon says:

Literally three posts up you’re whining about me calling you names, but you can start with calling me a doofus. Good job, hypocrite!

We’ve been over this, your defeatist whataboutism is boring and pathetic. Why don’t you leave it to the scientists? Oh right, because as soon as the science contradicts your beliefs you deny it. You literally got caught saying Air Conditioning was the greatest cause of CO2 production in the world (LIE) and then posted a link that refuted your own claim up above. You’re a pathetic hypocrite and a liar, Craig.

• September 27, 2019 at 12:44 pm

From Scientific American:

“It is one of the great dilemmas of climate change: We take such comfort from air conditioning that worldwide energy consumption for that purpose has already tripled since 1990. It is on track to grow even faster through mid-century—and assuming fossil-fuel–fired power plants provide the electricity, that could cause enough carbon dioxide emissions to warm the planet by another deadly half-degree Celsius.”

And notice how you avoid the obivous: the greatest cause of Climate Change is India and China and all those poor people you say you care about. And Mr. Greenie says . . . nothing. (Right. You care about the planet while avoiding the biggest threat of all. Right.)

• September 27, 2019 at 1:04 pm
      Jon says:

What I did notice is you ABOVE blatantly exaggerating and stating that “the NY Times said air conditioining was the greatest cause of CO2 production in the world.” which was false. I love the attempt to backpedal now though, when you’ve already been caught in a lie, to try and act like the Scientific American quote somehow proves anything. You’re trying to place the blame on the American people when it is clearly on the big businesses that refuse to do anything about their emissions. You are a fool, and your propaganda is boring and incorrect. Try to use some actual data to go along with your childish insults.

• September 27, 2019 at 1:35 pm
        Craig Cornell says:

Again, clown comment. You avoid the point: a .5 degree increase Celsius is the BIGGEST impact of all contributors. (Cars contribute about 8% of all CO2 production by comparison).

Your ignorance on the subject is typical for a Leftist. All religion (without any personal sacrifice of commitment to learning about the actual subject).

• September 27, 2019 at 2:04 pm
          Jon says:

So a clown comment in your mind is one that uses statements you’ve made and points out the lies and exaggerations you present as fact? You’re right, Craig, total cown comment. You’re a joke, and your inability to actually show some accountability for your actions is exactly what I’d expect, you conservative windbags like to yell your opinions but can’t admit when you’re wrong. Everyone’s wrong sometimes, Craig. You could tolerate growing up a little bit buddy. You keep claiming I don’t know anything about the subject and yet I’ve proved you wrong over and over on this board, what does that say about you? You can’t even read the articles you reference, as stated above you lied about the content of a NY times article. This is quite simple, why can’t you seem to get it?

• September 27, 2019 at 2:54 pm
      bob says:

Though I do now get what you are saying. It’s possible his equations are way off, seeing as it doesn’t reference the amount per total and still says it would stop .5 Celsius.

Do they expect for the tripling to occur again or growth to continue? What is the percentage of the total? This leaves a lot out I can’t figure out how they drew their conclusions and I can’t apply my own math with their data.

• September 27, 2019 at 3:00 pm
        Jon says:

It’s literally the third post down on the page.
        Thumb up 5Thumb down 7
        You are purposefully avoiding reading the posts on this board that refute your argument. You want us to believe Craig and his ilk are perfectly reasonable good guys, but you turn a blind eye to the lies and misinformation they spread. You blasted me for my attacks the other day, but you ignored that Craig started in with the name-calling on this particular article. Where’s your blast against him for that behavior? Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

• September 27, 2019 at 3:21 pm
          bob says:

What the heck Jon? I am convinced you did not read the comment I just posted, and are so riled up you just want to contradict everything I say.

I was NOT talking about this site, I was talking about HIS LINK. You are so riled up and delusional there is clearly something wrong. It is pretty dang clear I was talking about his air conditioning link, especially considering I mentioned the tripling, the .5 Celsius in the link, and said I don’t see anything claiming that the air conditioning is the biggest component. I CLEARLY JUST CALLED CRAIG’S NEW LINK CONTRADICTORY TO WHAT HE CLAIMED IT SAID.

However, I said I cannot draw conclusions, because the link doesn’t give enough info. You just PLAINLY got the context of my comment so far off base even though it was QUITE CLEAR I was talking about the link itself not your conversation with Craig.

Good God Jon! Go get your hot head cooled off somewhere else.

• September 27, 2019 at 3:53 pm
            bob says:

“Maybe you need to think about what you’re posting, because nowhere in the post right above mine doe sit state that you’re talking about Craig’s link. What you said it simply: “I don’t see anything claiming air conditioning is the biggest component, just that it has grown a lot.” and that’s what I responded to. I’m not reading some of your wall of text stuff up above, and I even stated that, I’m reading what you actualy just posted above. So clearly, it wasn’t very clear.”

It references three items from his link, and says I cannot draw conclusions from it. After I already told him his other link was wrong, and that air conditioning is not the top item. What you responded to, you didn’t even read, you need to read. When I say “I don’t see anything claiming air conditioning is the biggest component, just that it has grown a lot.” there was nothing in that that implied I was talking about Craig. You assuming I was talking about Craig, and that was your ignorance. If you read the whole comment it makes perfect sense. You were looking for items to get upset about. You misread my post. I was clear. The issue is your complete narcissism to think it had to do with your and his petty squabbles which I already addressed and called him wrong on. I would have said I don’t see it in the first comment above if I were going to take that on. I didn’t. Instead I called him wrong. Why would I first call him wrong, then say I didn’t see him ever make the comment I called him wrong about? You are out of your mind. Grow up!

• September 27, 2019 at 3:54 pm
            bob says:

And here we are on the first issue you clearly are wrong about,

And you still won’t say you’re wrong! You then blame me. It’s ok Jon, you don’t have to act like “craig” you can make an example right here and say my bad.

Can’t you? You’re better than him after all.

• September 27, 2019 at 3:24 pm
          bob says:

My link I just posted didn’t go through, but I will make this shorter so it hopefully does.

You missed what this post said. I cannot believe you did. I’m not talking about what Craig said, and you claim I missed what he said. I just dissected his second link, and that was very clear based on what I said.

“Do they expect for the tripling to occur again or growth to continue? ”

Did you not read these two comments and compare them? I’m seeing I do not see in his article anything saying that the carbon output from air-conditioning was the largest component, and then I said what, do they expect the large growth to continue so that it becomes the largest? That’s what that second comment meant. You are so enraged on your personal squabbles with Craig you can’t even read what I’m saying.

• September 27, 2019 at 4:26 pm
            bob says:

“As I stated previously, I don’t care to argue with you on the topic, so yes I am ignoring your questions in regards to it. I’m merely refuting/commenting on your behavior feeling the need to interject into Craig and I’s argument.”

Whatever you say. And what is it you said? When you make a public debate you should expect criticism. I didn’t interject, I contributed. Grow up.

• September 27, 2019 at 4:11 pm
          bob says:

Also more importantly, if I were saying I don’t see where Craig said anything about air conditioning, and I said I see what you’re saying now, it would mean I was saying that to you.

You know darn well you didn’t talk about a tripling of air conditioning or 5 degrees Celsius. The fact that you thought I was agreeing with you and saying I didn’t see where Craig said what he said is insane. It means you lack all ability to think coherently and I don’t doubt that considering your posts. You actually may have a disorder, and I don’t say that to everyone here. Just UW, and now you. How many people have you said it to? Me, Craig, Agent, implied with Agency, Polar, and oh yeah basically every conservative here.

• September 27, 2019 at 4:16 pm
            Jon says:

Well, the level of denial you all espouse is kind of a big sign LOL

• September 27, 2019 at 4:26 pm
            bob says:

There is no denial here. Grow up.

• September 27, 2019 at 4:27 pm
            bob says:

We all believe what we believe. You basically find anyone on the right to be in denial, when I explain what I believe you call me naïve to believe people believe it. You do not understand the right. Listen. Stop labeling. Stop saying they had disorders.

• September 27, 2019 at 4:35 pm
            bob says:

“There’s no denial? I can’t count on both hands the number of posts you’ve done where you’ve quoted me and just said “Incorrect” or some garbage. You deny all day, you just rarely offer any evidence. YOU’RE LITERALLY DENYING THAT YOU DENY STUFF ALL THE TIME :P”

Saying you are incorrect is not denial. I give evidence all day, ergo my post with 400 sources in it. I then directly quoted tree rings vs ice for carbon dating and why focusing on tree rings leaves out that carbon has been higher in the history and it didn’t match the temperatures. Denying that I am in denial does not prove I have a mental illness with denial, also, stating that I call you wrong means I am in denial on political issues does not show I have a mental disorder, in fact, quite the opposite, the fact that you believe anyone who doesn’t share your political beliefs is in denial and are insane, shows you are. As I said below, do not try to make a case to degrade me, you are now arguing to be able to call me mentally ill, which is not an honorable fight to take. It is unethical, it is immoral, and I do indeed have fists and will fight back. Try to degrade me. Just try it. See what happens. I keep swatting you like the fly you are.

• September 27, 2019 at 6:40 pm
            bob says:

Then it looks pretty juvenile replying. Enjoy the ban. It will surely come.

• September 27, 2019 at 6:40 pm
            Jon says:

LOL I just like pointing out what a sadboi snowflake you’ve become. You could always throw another tantrum about it tho

• September 27, 2019 at 3:58 pm

From the New York Times:

“The number of air-conditioners worldwide is predicted to soar from 1.6 billion units today to 5.6 billion units by midcentury, according to a report issued Tuesday by the International Energy Agency. If left unchecked, by 2050 air-conditioners would use as much electricity as China does for all activities today.”

Let me know when you stop picking fly poop out of the pepper and actually deal with REAL issues. Like air conditioning. (As if you truly cared about Climate Change. As if.)

• September 27, 2019 at 4:11 pm
      Jon says:

From Craig Cornell, three posts from the top of the page.

Hmmm, sounds like the new york times contradicts your version of the new york times, Craig. Let me know when you’ll actually own up to your lying and exaggerating the truth just to try and win an argument. You hold no high ground here, old man.

• September 27, 2019 at 4:13 pm
      Jon says:

Also, “picking fly poop out of the pepper”? Where do you even get this stuff? It’s like you channel dead crazy people.

• September 27, 2019 at 4:14 pm
      bob says:

I will digest this, at least Craig dealt with what I said didn’t make sense from his post Jon, or tried to. Instead of this nonsense crud with you which I am sick of.

I thought you might be trying to say that air conditioning growth as a whole was large and could then be a serious problem, based on the second link but I wasn’t sure. Even then though, if the amount of pollution goes down as they become more efficient, wouldn’t that only roughly triple again to about 18% of residential energy? I guess at that point it is a substantial portion, but it probably still doesn’t become the primary Craig.

• September 27, 2019 at 6:09 pm
        Craig Cornell says:

If the contribution to CO2 release from air conditioning becomes equal to the CO2 output of the the entire country of China, then you tell me: what is a bigger contributor of CO2 than air conditioning. Cars make up only 8% of the total CO2 going into the atmosphere (another reason electric cars aren’t a big deal, climate wise).

Besides, if you are going to jump into dopey “Jon” territory and argue small details, I’ll move on. Air conditioning is a big deal. If not the biggest for some reason, what difference does it make if you care about Climate Change? (And yes, I know Jon is a poser and doesn’t know anything.)

• September 27, 2019 at 6:20 pm

Craig,

I can’t believe I have to make your argument for you…

Your link didn’t say total energy, and one said total residential energy. I don’t know totals or the numbers from your link. For all I knew, 18% of the total residential was only say 5% of the total. This is why I said I cannot draw conclusions from your link.

This one says the same thing as what you said, but, it makes it clear they are talking about total energy use. Now, that makes it clear that 30% will be made up by air conditioning by 2050. So, yes, you’re right then. That’s a lot. But it’s not my issue you argued without really making your point so well.

Others here would have thought the same as me, if I didn’t look into it myself with an open mind I would have probably thought you were an idiot (if I were on the left) and ignored you. Jon does this. So, I believe you are correct on your statement now to a degree, (still don’t know if that is primary or how much would come from cars at that time) but come on man. You need to be better at making your points.

• September 28, 2019 at 4:43 pm
            Craig Cornell says:

Worldwide, cars contribute 8% of all total man-produced CO2. That’s it. (Prediction: Jon says “PROVE IT” and thinks he has a brain.)

Air conditioning is ALREADY the biggest single contributor of man made CO2(even if I can’t find the original NY Times article that said so.)

If I’m wrong, somebody prove it (not Jon, of course. He’s a boring fool who is here to spread insults and stupidity, not facts.)

• September 30, 2019 at 11:35 am
            Jon says:

I mean there’s the actual EPA breakdown
            But as predicted, you’ve once again shut off any avenue to be proven wrong. You’re a joke and a malicious liar, Craig.

• September 27, 2019 at 6:21 pm
          bob says:

This is also why I tell others here including Jon, that you are useful and they need to listen to your concepts because you often have something they don’t get to say, it just is a bit lost in translation.

• September 27, 2019 at 6:25 pm
          Jon says:

Craigy, that’s the problem. It’s okay to talk about air conditioning, and yes it may in fact be a big problem. The issue here is you didn’t present it that way. You claimed it was THE BIGGEST problem, and you’re completely ignoring the problems the right-wing wants you to ignore. You’re once again, shilling for them and ignoring any attempt at a solution that’s not a part of the right’s message. Because any attempt at a solution that they don’t approve, costs them money.

The details wouldn’t matter so much if you weren’t offensive, hypocritical, and constantly trying to shift the argument. You don’t hold yourself accountable for any of the nonsense you spout as fact. What exactly am I posing at, just curious? Because it sounds like you just can’t handle someone pointing out your mistakes. Maybe work to make your posts contain fewer errors?

• September 27, 2019 at 6:43 pm
            bob says:

So if it wasn’t on topic, stealing my topic makes you default off topic. God Jon!

Knock it off! This derailed after you couldn’t handle one basic comment! ONE! This entire shenanigans started from this!!!:

.nytimes.com/2016/08/10/science/air-conditioner-global-warming.html
            New York Times 2016.
            You’re plainly wrong on this Craig.
            To act and spend money on this, to give power to governments on this, to control the economy, could lead to a literal Hitler economic style take over, and you do it without hesitation Jon! That is not ok! You need to stop your holy crusade, consider how much of a soldier you are probably being programmed to be, and LISTEN to the other side. Once you RESPECT the other side and see them as either misdirected, or half truths, or useful on another side, you can grow. You cannot be a whole person though until you do, and I can see, you’re not really your own self, you’re a compilation of liberal tropes.”

Get your panties out of a bunch, you easily rattled little brat.

• September 27, 2019 at 6:57 pm
            Jon says:

Really long, offensive (guess) and boring, no thanks. LOL I’m not reading any of that and no one else is either, but feel free to keep raging about it snowflake LOL

• September 28, 2019 at 5:24 pm
            Jon says:

You know the answer to this is fossil fuels, you’re not being an idiot, you’re trying to lead the conversation so you can rant about how it’s too hard to get off of fossil fuels even though they’ll be gone eventually anyway. You’re answer to everything is it’s too hard why bother, well your laziness and defeatist attitude isn’t shared by everyone thankfully. We’ve been through all of this before.

• September 27, 2019 at 7:00 pm
    Jon says:

Over 150 posts of garbage, WE DID IT GUYS! LOL I’m actually done for the day but maybe I’ll check in on my phone later to see if Bob’s had a stroke yet LOL

• September 27, 2019 at 7:17 pm
      bob says:

Patently absurd. Grow up.

• September 27, 2019 at 7:26 pm