Tainted Pet Food Linked to Indiana Chickens; No Recall Yet

May 2, 2007

• May 2, 2007 at 12:47 pm
    blondie says:

\”…likelihood of human illness from eating chicken fed the contaminated product is very low.\” In other words; until people start dropping like flies from eating contaminated chicken, we are not going to do anything.

How about an once of prevention?

Can\’t eat salad/spinach because of e-coli. Can\’t eat beef, mad cow. No fish, that has mercury. Chicken – we already had avian flu. But this time we add pork to the list. What is left?

CHOCOLATE!

• May 2, 2007 at 1:14 am
    Claimsguy says:

Next thing they will be saying is that

Safe Sex isn\’t Safe

• May 2, 2007 at 1:42 am
    Jewel says:

The only safe sex isn\’t sex, it\’s abstinence.

At least we still have chocolate. But remember dark chocolate is better for you (for now anyway).

• May 2, 2007 at 1:45 am
    Just went out says:

Just went out for Chinese food…..and it was great! Don\’t forget to eat your broccoli! :-)

• May 2, 2007 at 2:20 am
    Jewel says:

And you\’re an idiot.

Why don\’t you try insults about people that can actually be proven. I can prove you\’re an idiot. Can you prove I am sterile?

• May 2, 2007 at 2:25 am
    careful says:

Caution: Chinese = dog, cat & pigeon. All tainted meat!

And safe sex isn\’t safe enough! Even a box of tissue and a magazine is dangerous. Got to watch out for paper cuts that could lead to a staff infection or even getting infected by the flesh eating virus.

• May 2, 2007 at 2:39 am
    Snoop Dog says:

Bow wow wow yippy yo yippy yaw, tainted pet food definetly in the………house.

• May 2, 2007 at 3:31 am
    em says:

you people are idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!
    all of the pets are dying from this & your talking about safe sex.
    humans are next to get it!!!!!
    lets see your reaction if its you or someone you know.

• May 2, 2007 at 3:34 am
    Jewel says:

lighten up.

We got off on tangent…

If we talk about it, is that going to fix it all better?

• May 2, 2007 at 3:38 am
    Hey Jewel says:

Being one of your fans, I was a little disappointed that you even dignified happy face\’s remark. We need Rosie to check in. C\’mon girl!!

• May 2, 2007 at 5:36 am
    Quaker in PA says:

They have a terrible record on human rights. They don\’t care a fig about their own workers; why should they care about their customers.

Do you know they harvest and sell the organs of political prisoners they execute, such as members of a religious movement, the Falun Gong. http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0803/p16s01-lire.html

And don\’t even let me get started on the heartbreaking genocide happening in Darfur that China has turned a blind eye to.

Why do we deal with this barbarous government!

• May 3, 2007 at 8:16 am
    Bulldogg says:

Because of Liberals…

• May 3, 2007 at 9:06 am
    Libby says:

Joint Chiefs Chairman Optimistic About Relations With China
    By Jim Garamone
    American Forces Press Service

TOKYO, March 21, 2007 — On the eve of his first trip to China, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said today he is optimistic about relations with the world’s largest communist nation.
    Marine Gen. Peter Pace said trade can be a way for the United States and all countries of the region to become more closely tied and to better understand one another. Pace spoke during a news conference here.

In a 39-year career, the chairman has served around the periphery of China: Vietnam, Thailand, Korea and Japan. When he started his career in 1967, the United States didn’t have diplomatic relations with what was then known as “Red China.” Today, the People’s Republic of China is working with the United States in the Six-Party Talks on the North Korean nuclear program, China’s economy is growing at 8 percent a year, and the country is the United States’ largest overseas trading partner.

The trade situation is important even from a military perspective, Pace said. “The more economic ties we have with each other, the more dependent you become on each other, the more you understand each other, the less the likelihood of miscalculations or misunderstandings,” he said.

Pace said part of his responsibility as the top-ranking military officer in the United States is to understand the military capacities of nations around the world and to ensure that the United States military has the capacity to adjust and prevail over any adversary. It doesn’t matter what country that is, he said, but he stressed the distinction between “capacity” and “threat.”

“From a purely military standpoint,” he explained, “a threat is defined as a capacity coupled with intent. There are many countries around the world that have the capacity to do harm, but they don’t have the intent to do harm.”

• May 3, 2007 at 1:56 am
    Compman says:

How about if Compman checks in. So Jewel, what flew up your butt and bit you to take a swipe at me? Did you run out of Halcyon?

• May 3, 2007 at 2:10 am
    Jeff says:

Bulldogg,

Are you saying that if it weren\’t for liberals, we wouldn\’t be trading with China? I\’m curious as to how you came to that.

• May 4, 2007 at 9:49 am
    Jewel says:

WTF are you talking about? I was responding to your RUDE comment which has since been removed. How about if you stop harassing people?

That would be great.

• May 4, 2007 at 10:37 am
    Company says:

WTF are you talking about. My first post by ME was yesterday and 1:36pm. Get back on your meds girl!

• May 4, 2007 at 10:38 am
    Compman says:

oops. I can\’t even spell my own name today. Must be the two margarita breakfast in honor of Cinco de Mayo

• May 4, 2007 at 11:26 am
    Jewel says:

someone must have been impersonating you. Or you drink everyday and can\’t remember your posts. I wouldn\’t have responded to you if you hadn\’t posted. That would be rude, like your comment.

You obviously posted something prior to your first alleged comment (or again, someone else posted using YOUR name). You are obviously the one on meds (and you shouldn\’t take meds and drink).

• May 4, 2007 at 11:35 am
    Compman says:

Jewel,

do you have a sense of humor? Or are you the one who chases the kids off your lawn? Do you really think I drink at 8am in the morning? C/mon, I run an insurance agency. The other thing, I have never run away from my comments and will always take credit or guff from all of you with them. So if I said I did not post prior, then I did not. I sure would like to know what that post said, but you said it got pulled, so it must have been pretty bad. I have never had a post pulled and I have spoken freely my opinions on this forum before. If anyone has a copy of that post, I would like to see it.

• May 4, 2007 at 1:39 am
    Mary B. says:

Jewel — Compman is generally really good in his comments and typically does not post things like the post the other day (which has since been removed). When I read that post, I pretty much knew that Compman did not write it. Compman, you allegedly posted that poor Jewel was sterile.

• May 4, 2007 at 3:21 am
    Compman says:

Thanks Mary,

You are right. I can be crass and some people do not like the way I come across, but I would not sink that low to say that.

• May 4, 2007 at 3:47 am
    Jewel says:

Hmmm… since I don\’t know you that well, I had no way to know it wasn\’t you.

It seems as if there are people who come to this forum and like to impersonate people. They need to get a life and have the guts to post under their own name (which is anonymous anyway!).

So, we are cool then Compman and I will keep in mind that you can be a bit crass but you wouldn\’t be that rude (for no reason, I assume).

P.S. Yes I do have a sense of humor, but disgusting remarks directed at me or written about me are not amusing. Unless I have been obscenely rude first (which only happened when someone posted as *me*) in which case, fair is fair.

Oh, and if someone is rude for no reason, I find nothing wrong with giving it right back- and then some!

• May 4, 2007 at 3:54 am
    Compman says:

Well, at least we have that in common!
    We should get together some time!

• May 4, 2007 at 4:28 am
    Real Compman says:

ok, the last Compman post about getting together was not me. Even though the post was nice, I can\’t take credit for it. As for you Jewel, I agree with you 100% that if someone attacks, it is fair to attack back. Just keep in mind, you do need to have somewhat of a thick skin on these forums. It is not for the faint hearted

• May 7, 2007 at 2:32 am
    NOTCOMPMAN says:

What about the poor doggies and kitties? Do you remember them?

We have made Insurance Journal peace, can we try for world peace? Save our earth? Save ourselves?

Does anyone care anymore?