Clinton Plan Would Cut Tax Benefit for Foreign Insurers Competing for Business in U.S.

By | April 4, 2008

• April 4, 2008 at 1:13 am
    Scott says:

…increasing taxes and costing the consumer more in the end.

• April 4, 2008 at 1:51 am
    lastbat says:

I’m not too worried about this one since it deals with removing tax breaks for foreign companies. I’m a “global-economy” kind of person, but do feel that foreign companies should not enjoy a tax advantage over domestic companies.

• April 4, 2008 at 1:52 am
    Bushwacked says:

At least losers like Scott might have a better job though.

Look what your idiot Republican pres has done for the economy you jerk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• April 4, 2008 at 1:59 am
    ehh says:

1) Bush is a liberal, we’ve established that years ago.

2) Explain to my why the government is responsible for the economy. Seems to me that it should be left to “we the people.” Too bad everyone has thier hand held out.

3) Instead of removing tax “breaks” from off-shore companies, how about removing tax PENALTIES for US companies.

4) Explain to me how taxation is not theft.

• April 4, 2008 at 2:07 am
    Reggy says:

The Federal Reserve is controlled by the guv – Thats why the government is responcible for the economy –

• April 4, 2008 at 2:34 am
    Ken says:

The story is the same whether you’re Stanley Tools or some insurance company
    offshore– save millions if not billions
    in taxes and continue to sell your products in the US, then let the rest of us pick up your tax burden. That’s why Chubb, Hartford, Berkely have said enough is enough.
    Ken

• April 4, 2008 at 3:19 am
    john says:

For all you libertarians: Greed has to be regulated or we’ll all take in up the arse eventually. I love Clinton’s idea.

• April 4, 2008 at 3:32 am
    media mogul says:

It is good to see a lot of pushback on IJ for the greedy extreme righties that have wrecked this country’s economy and military and redistributed wealth to themselves.

Gee, and these same people always told me that those bad demo’s would redistribute my wealth to poor people, but they tricked me and redistributed my wealth to themselves and now I’m feeling poor—doh!).

Way to go guys! The end is indeed nigh–on constitutional grounds. 291 days left.

• April 7, 2008 at 9:49 am
    Spencer says:

1) Offshore insurers have to colateralize obligations in the US

2) Many offshore insurers pay US Tax..if they trade in the US, then those earnings are taxed.

3) the beef in the US is with Offshore Companies earning money elsewhere in the world and not paying US tax on that income. Even though they pay tax on it elsewhere.

4) Extracting Capital injected in the US results in tax

Don’t get sucked in by Political Propaganda

• April 7, 2008 at 9:52 am
    Scott says:

Wow, you have an amazing talent for reading words that aren’t there. Can you provide my horoscope too? I believe it is the duty of every American to legally avoid taxes (not evade taxes). I believe we pay enough in taxes and don’t need any new tax burdens. If our government can’t function properly with the money they have they should stop increasing spending every year. I believe in free and fare trade, not creating trade barriers via taxation. If that makes me a jerk then a jerk I am.