Large Pickups Fare Poorly in Insurance Institute Safety Crash Tests

By | February 13, 2009

• February 13, 2009 at 11:13 am
    Nobody says:

LOL! Scratch & Sniffs? I don’t remember those.You must have beeen busy at the local smoke shop when you were younger.

Second answer yes you are correct.I should drop insurance and would but our lovely government has mandated it with auto.I was told what I could have for homeowners by the agent. Living in Fl Ins. is a must unless you are a major gambler!
    I just hope nobody in my state hits me because of no fault it’s likely my insurance would go up because half the people out there do not have enough insurance to cover what assets they have,provided they are not fully financed.
    Mr Ayers you are mighty bold admitting to what you said n your post.i wouldn;t be surprised to see the feds at your door in the a.m.with a statement like that!

• February 13, 2009 at 11:17 am
    Nobody says:

No not an agent an adjuster that cleans up the mess the agent leaves!

I knew there was talk about not using that matrix anymore but as I said they have to rob from Peter to pay Paul so I guess the full size truck owners are next.

• February 13, 2009 at 12:22 pm
    Dawn says:

They fail to mention that the Ford F150 and the Toyota Tundra got good ratings.

That’s another reason for me to love my Ford!

• February 13, 2009 at 12:22 pm
    Baxtor says:

I just bought a GMC Sierra. I wonder if I can get a bailout?
    Letter:
    Mr President Obama,
    I bought a GMC Sierra and with all the handouts you’re giving, as well as all the elected officials, I would like my truck paid for. Blah blah blah blah blah.
    Baxtor.
    P.S. Anyone driving on the road don’t run into the side of me as you should know by hitting me in this truck I could get hurt worse than running into any other car. Thank you. $$$$$$

• February 13, 2009 at 12:23 pm
    Tipper says:

I wish more people would pay attention to Al. He really does know what’s best for America.

• February 13, 2009 at 12:25 pm
    Smitty says:

Large Pickups also fare poorly during happy hour at the Marriott on a Friday night…….

• February 13, 2009 at 12:27 pm
    Rosie says:

I suppose you think you’re funny, wiseguy. Heavier women have feelings too :(

• February 13, 2009 at 12:29 pm
    Dawn says:

Hey, I drive a Ford F150 Supercrew- didn’t say I LIKE Toyota’s, just that IJ didn’t show both sides.

• February 13, 2009 at 12:33 pm
    Cowboy says:

Lets see, the test mimics a side impact form another large pickup or suv but most likely you would be hit by a tiny disposable car like a Honda Civic, Toyota Camry, or some other drone vehicle made from recycled beer cans. In that case I would much rather be in an American pickup or SUV.

• February 13, 2009 at 1:03 am
    Hank says:

Heavy women DO have feelings. Just more of them.

• February 13, 2009 at 1:18 am
    William Ayers says:

I am en route to an officers club dance in my Ford Exploder.

• February 13, 2009 at 1:22 am
    Dawn says:

I’ll take my F150 over any car any day of the week.

Besides, after they hit you, you can always throw their car in the bed and give them a ride home……….

• February 13, 2009 at 1:27 am
    Texas F150 Pilot says:

Let me tell ya what they left out. The 2009 F150 aced the test and so did the Japyota Tundra built in the USA.
    No body care about Dodge or Nissan so we just need GM to get some learning from Ford and then were gonna have a good Silverado too. Adios MFs (my friends)

• February 13, 2009 at 1:29 am
    Dodge Ball says:

How much longer for Chysler?

• February 13, 2009 at 2:16 am
    Bob says:

To Tipper; (as if) Al does know what is best for America. He drives a Suburban and flies in an airliner as a private plane. We should have let him get away with claiming to have invented the Internet and we would have been better off. Oh, and need I say that this is an insurance related web site? You didn’t notice?

• February 13, 2009 at 3:25 am
    Nobody says:

smoke and mirror reason to raise insurance rates on the everyday working man
    Their use of credit rating method has been a target of investigation so now they have to find another way to target a group of people to raise auto rates on.
    Only in America this land of opportunity!

• February 13, 2009 at 3:30 am
    William Ayers says:

Have rates gone up with credit scoring?
    My rates went down when my insurer began using credit. Did yours go up?

• February 13, 2009 at 3:36 am
    Nobody says:

No buttnoid.
    You must be an insurance agent!
    I have fought against insurers using peoples credit for years on this particular website and all you pin head agents have done is criticized my comments.
    My credit is fine but I still pay way to much for insurance both ho and auto!

• February 13, 2009 at 4:01 am
    William Ayers says:

No, I am an educator and former bomber responsible for the death of one and the near death of all those at the officers club. But back to credit scoring. My carrier reduced rates for 88% of clients and raised rates for the other 12% for a premium neutral outcome. The statistics are as clear as the pimples on your scumbag attorney face – those, like you, with good credit have fewer losses. Therefore, even pimply faced scumbag attorneys who have less losses deserve to pay less.

I am surprised you frequent this tome given that there aren’t any pictures or scratch & sniff opportunities.

• February 13, 2009 at 4:42 am
    Hey Nobody says:

If you are the same nobody that I remember, all you will do is whine about HAVING to GET insurance because of your mortgage company, lenders, yada, yada, yada… GO WITHOUT IT so you don’t have to pay any insurance premiums. Besides, what are you comparing your paying too much against? Your neighbors or anyone else that knows less about insurance than you do? I know, that is an open ended statement…..

• February 16, 2009 at 8:51 am
    nobody important says:

You may see negative comments on your fighting credit scoring because you are wrong 100% of the time nobody. Besides, you have so little imagination you can’t even pick your own name.

• February 17, 2009 at 9:37 am
    Nobody says:

Doug you are correct but read the article again they are refering to the trucks themselves not the cars they hit per say.

The Silverado 1500 can take a Olds Cutlass head on and bend the heck out of the frame but visibly the truck looks fine and that can be at speeds up to 40 mph!

• February 17, 2009 at 9:38 am
    Nobody says:

Boo hoo! Blood sucker!

• February 17, 2009 at 12:40 pm
    Hey Nobody says:

Yup, same nobody I remember with the same tired comments about insurance. Forgot you were an adjuster & I pity the poor public that you deal with on either side.

• February 17, 2009 at 3:43 am
    Doug says:

Seriously, you have to be careful, I was just hit by one of those incredible moving barriers the other day.

• February 18, 2009 at 8:56 am
    Doug says:

Ok Nobody I just re-read the article. And my joke still stands….

In the institute’s side test, the side of a vehicle is struck by a barrier moving at 31 miles per hour. The barrier mimics the front end of a pickup truck or sport utility vehicle.

• February 18, 2009 at 6:25 am
    Yup, Same Nobody says:

Nothing’s changed….or should it be Nobody’s not changed?

• February 19, 2009 at 8:02 am
    Nobody says:

O.K.Mr Insruance crook. Enough is enough!
    You spoke your piece not zip it!

• February 19, 2009 at 8:04 am
    nobody says:

You know you’re really pissing me off.When I start to spell wrong you can tell there is a foul rectum on the other end of the e-mail.
    I hope you work for SF and you butt can;t leave the state to soon!
    You idiots have priced yourselves right out of the auto market so as the governor put it leave!

• February 19, 2009 at 12:51 pm
    Paul says:

Well, all of you tree hugging econonuts can drive your Prias, Prisms or what ever they are.

It is rare to see a side impact between two trucks, usually it is a car hitting the truck and the impact is under the seat height. Sowhat if the Silverado and Nissan failed the side test. I still would rather be in the Silverado than in a Camry or a Honda in a crash.

Guess that is why I ride around in an 8,000 pound Ford F-250 Super Duty Diesel. I carry a crowbar behind the rear seat so I can pry your little butt out of the grille and and toss you aside.

If you do decide to pick on it, while chatting on your cell phone, putting on your makup and swatting your kids while travelling down the highway and hit me, while they are cutting you and yours out of of your little econobox, I will just open the door and step out.

• February 19, 2009 at 12:54 pm
    Paul says:

I am an insurance adjuster too!

• February 19, 2009 at 1:49 am
    Lorain says:

Small Penis.

• February 20, 2009 at 3:03 am
    Nobody says:

Guy,guys,guys.
    This getting out of hand.If you can afford to drive an F250 diesel my hats off to you.I personally refuse to let the blood sucking gasoline companies and Insurance Companies take anymore of my money than they already do and Paul in case you missed the story get ready your rates WILL increase because they are saying that your BIG TRUCK on side impact is no better than that little P.O.S.you speak of.I recommend you keep your pry bar in the back of your seat and hope to God you do not ever need it to pry yourself out of your own wreckage!
    If I saw you in need of help I would pull my little s— box cars tire iron out and do the same for you.You are missing the point read the story again!

• February 19, 2009 at 3:09 am
    Paul says:

@ Loraine. And how do you know? Have you been in my pants without me knowing it?

You had probably better ask my girlfirend about my small penis before you spout off. Sounds like you may have a little penis envy yourself or maybe lack of a penis in your diet!

• February 23, 2009 at 7:11 am
    Paul says:

Note: I do not need to read the story again. My truck did not fail, it was the GM Products and Nissan Products that failed the side test.

And one other thing, I cannot complain with 20 to 22 mpg on a vehicle that weights in at 8K.