U.S. Shareholders Sue Toyota

By | February 9, 2010

• February 9, 2010 at 8:25 am
    sarah says:

Toyota is still the best vehicle you can buy. If you dont believe me, look up the dependability ratings. Toyota and Honda have been #1 and #2 for the past 10 years.

Why would I want to buy american. The Government and the Fat union bosses run them. Why do you think there is all this pressure on Toyota, Honda and Ford for recalls. Why is there not any problems with GM. I think we all know how Obama feels about Unions and Government takeovers.

• February 9, 2010 at 10:52 am
    Bambi O'bambi says:

Correct headline would be: “US attorney files class action to cash in on Toyota woes”

• February 9, 2010 at 12:11 pm
    Joker says:

They should issue a recall on Prius drivers. Talk about lack of driving skills! Maybe they could get a software update in the form of a labotomy to help them drive their electric tissue boxes faster than 10 under the speed limit in the left lane! Seems that would help prevent more accidents than a brake recall.

• February 9, 2010 at 12:56 pm
    Bjorn Yesterday says:

My father always said Buy American no matter what.

Perhaps the US auto makers have something to do with this issue? Hmmmmm………..

• February 9, 2010 at 1:20 am
    Not buying into this one!! says:

This sounds more like a conspirancy to force us to buy cars owned by Gov’t Motors.

• February 9, 2010 at 1:21 am
    Paul Masley says:

Yep, still have the crow bar laying in the rear floorboard of my F-250 for these dead brain cell phone texting Prius owners to pry it out of my Grille when they make their turtle runninglane changes at jack rabbit speed. Then then to pry the owner out of the electric sardine can they are driving. That is, if I can approach the can without getting the holy hell knocked out of me. LOL

• February 9, 2010 at 1:39 am
    Johnny Cochrane says:

Or how about, “Another Low Life, Blood Sucking, Scumbag, Slime Bucket, Opportunistic, Ambulance Chasing, Phony Perry Mason Wanna-Be Attorney(s) File Class Action Suit That Will Net Them Millions and Shareholders Pennies”

• February 9, 2010 at 5:04 am
    Allan says:

Hey Bjorn Yesterday….sounds like you were born yesterday. Toyota isn’t the only Japanese car company ya know. Conspiracy……

I’ve had my share of Fords and a Chevy’s. All pieces of sh*t!

My Tacoma is 15 years old with over 215,000 miles on it. It still runs as solid as the day I took it off the show room floor.

I also have a Honda Accord with just over 165,000 miles and still going strong.

Just bought a 07 Honda Civic that I expect to pass on to my 2yr old son when he turns 16.

Just because Toyota has had a major F up doesn’t mean they no longer produce quality vehilces. People will be fired over this and the company will live on turning out quality vehicles like they’ve had for years.

It’s not like Ford hasn’t seen their good share of recalls. Pieces of junk.

• February 9, 2010 at 5:29 am
    Baxtor says:

Good luck on the Civic! I hope it was assembled in Japan because if it wasn’t, you’re going to have problems. The Tacoma is a great truck. Thought about buying one or a GMC. Got the GMC instead over a year ago and love it. Best vehicle I’ve ever owned. Wish I could have said that about all the money I’ve spent on 2 brand new Honda’s and two brand new Nissans.

• February 9, 2010 at 6:55 am
    Allan says:

I’m assuming it was assembled here in the US. It doesn’t bother me. My wife’s Corolla was assembled in the US so was my Tacoma 4X4 which I’ve thrased off roading and is still going strong with just over 215k miles.

The assembly has nothing to do with it. It’s all about how it’s manufactured.

• February 10, 2010 at 11:54 am
    Baxtor says:

Sarah,
    Didn’t Honda just fall to number #4 and Ford up to #3? Or was it Honda #3 and Ford #2? Anyway, GM also moved up quit a bit in the numbers. Toyota was and still is #1. But as of yesterday Toyota resale just fell ANOTHER 3.5%. So if you really like them, now is the time to buy their cars and their stock. I’m not to fond of the stock market in general. I still have not had anyone explain to me what you are buying when you buy stock. Now yes, if you get a dividend it makes sense. But if you are just buying a growth stock because it’s value is going up, what are you getting? A worthless piece of paper. The corporation doesn’t want it and it gives them a false inflated value. I don’t understand how a corp can sell stock at $10 a share and then a year later that same stock is trading at $20 a share and the company is showing it’s value increased 100%. How??? They didn’t make an extra $10 on the stock. To them it’s still worth $10 in their pocket. Maybe that’s why when they file chapter 11, they keep the $10 and you get to keep the piece of paper….oh wait, they don’t even give you that anymore.
    P.S. I’ll always keep a little of my money in the stock market because there’s still alot of suckers out there buying it, but as soon as everyone figures it out, I’ll pull what I do have in the market.

• February 10, 2010 at 6:34 am
    wudchuck says:

you have to do your homework. but i am not concerned about toyota, at least they are doing the right thing with the recalls. but if you must look to gather money as an investor, why have you not sued the automobile makers that needed a bit of help from uncle sam? afterall, did they not lie to investors? but wait?! whoever said anything was perfect? is not investing your money into anything a risk anyways? afterall, the advisor although recommends a product, does not necessarily mean it will be successful. the only success here is that the lawyers are going to make a killing not matter who wins. the judge should just through this out of court.

• March 22, 2010 at 8:59 am
    Pam says:

Thank goodness we are finally reponding to this terrible problem that has been going on for sometime. How dare this large car manufacturer deny obvious problems that have occurred because of their oversight. Lets see this company wiggle to try and get out of this problem and what they will do. Sue the pants off of them which tells them we arenot taking their crap anymore. DONOT BUY THEIR CARS – HURT THEM!!