Big ‘I’ Insurance Agents Gave $1.7 Million to Shape New Congress

November 3, 2010

• November 4, 2010 at 12:21 pm
    Die hard Liberal says:

They may not look at Party Affiliation, however is it just a coincidence that the election that was swept by Republicans is the same election that the Big I had a 93% “victory” rate?

• November 4, 2010 at 12:46 pm
    Realist says:

No suprise, Die hard, insurance is a business and most libs hate businesses, any sucessful corporation and especially the insurance business. They don’t realize businesses employ people, pay taxes and donate big time to their communities. Look at national contributions- WAY down because of BHO’s “share the wealth” ideas. Sad.
    I’m now giving all my donations to the Wounded Warrior Project.

• November 4, 2010 at 12:49 pm
    Bob says:

Be thankful the Big “I” supports for the most part initiatives which impacts our daily businesses and looks out for the Independent Agent.

Having been to Washington, D.C. to lobby on behalf to the Big “I” multiple times, I can firmly say they do support both Democrat and Republicans on the Hill. Also, most (Legislators) are well aware of the Big “I” and their powerful Grass Roots network.

I would say the majority of the Big “I” supporters from a legislature standpoint are likely Republicans; but at the end of the day….Independent Agents need a voice in Washington and I am very much appreciative of their work.

• November 4, 2010 at 12:54 pm
    Jay says:

I thought everyone in this industry leans to the left. Is that where the money went?

• November 5, 2010 at 7:35 am
    Lulu says:

Individual voters, not large special interest groups who wield large cash “donations” to buy preferencial treatment should determine elections. Candidates should not be allowed to accept money from them. The problem is obvious; it compromises their objectivity and their ability to objectively represent the people.

• November 5, 2010 at 9:21 am
    PAC Contributor says:

Lulu, InsurPAC’s money comes from individual contributors- not corporations. That’s part of what makes the Big “I”‘s efforts so impressive.

• November 5, 2010 at 1:18 am
    Sarah says:

Forget our interests, think about what is best for our Country. Money only buys attack ads and liter the streets with signs.

What both sides of the media and politicians are trying to do is keep your attention on items that do not matter, abortion, gay rights, while they steal your money and your rights and assume all power of control over all of us as a society.

I say no more talk about abortion, gay rights, gun laws or any other social issue until it comes before the US Supreme Court. I say the only items we discuss are fiscal matters until we have the luxury to discuss anything else. PERIOD!

That is why the TEA Party has taken root with the masses of all people what ever party you are affiliated with. By the way they both suck.

Accountability is the word for the next two years. That is also for our agents association who works for us!