Insurer Analyzes Top 10 Driving Distractions Involved in Fatal Car Crashes

April 4, 2013

  • April 4, 2013 at 1:41 pm
    Center Point says:
    Like or Dislike:
    Thumb up 0
    Thumb down 0

    I am always amazed that a driver feels the need to make eye contact with other passengers in the car when driving. The worst is the driver who will turn around to talk to passengers in the back seat.

    My advice: be rude and save a life. It might your own.

    • April 8, 2013 at 2:06 pm
      Agent says:
      Like or Dislike:
      Thumb up 0
      Thumb down 0

      I know this sounds sexist, but women are really bad about looking at the person while talking. It doesn’t work so well when driving.

  • April 4, 2013 at 2:08 pm
    reality bites says:
    Like or Dislike:
    Thumb up 0
    Thumb down 0

    Apparently cell phones only lead to 12% of accidents, and to focus strictly on preventative measures for a minority of causation is silly.

    Number one recommednation would have been to “save your dreaming for when you’re at your desk, contemplating what life would have been like had you chosen a more rewarding and stimulating career path. Or for such events as sleeping.”

    • April 4, 2013 at 2:44 pm
      Agent says:
      Like or Dislike:
      Thumb up 0
      Thumb down 0

      I think I might switch reason #2 for reason #1. Cell use and texting while driving are huge reasons for accidents in this distracted society.

      • April 5, 2013 at 3:28 pm
        youngin' says:
        Like or Dislike:
        Thumb up 0
        Thumb down 0

        That’s right. No need to let facts get in the way of your pre-existing beliefs!

    • April 8, 2013 at 11:00 am
      Whodathunkit? says:
      Like or Dislike:
      Thumb up 0
      Thumb down 0

      I’m confused. Is it 12% of fatal accidents, or 12% of the 10% of fatal accidents that were the result of distracted driving? And what about the 10’s of 1,000 hurt or maimed in auto accidents? I would think a great many more are the result of distractions than is being reported.

  • April 5, 2013 at 11:08 am
    ExciteBiker says:
    Like or Dislike:
    Thumb up 0
    Thumb down 0

    Alternate headline? ” Daydreaming poses double the risk of all other driving distractions combined “

    • April 8, 2013 at 10:04 am
      AutoPM says:
      Like or Dislike:
      Thumb up 0
      Thumb down 0

      I like it. I have always thought the use of the term “distracted driver” is misleading. I submit that 99% of people who cause an accident were distracted otherwise they would have been paying attention and not caused the accident. (the other 1% are people who have heart attackes, pass out, have seizures, etc.) Of course, maybe I should leave a percentage for those under the influence when driving who cause accidents by not being able to focus on the task of driving.

  • April 5, 2013 at 1:30 pm
    Don says:
    Like or Dislike:
    Thumb up 0
    Thumb down 0

    I think we should definitely outlaw daydreaming, lol.

    • April 5, 2013 at 5:04 pm
      Agent says:
      Like or Dislike:
      Thumb up 0
      Thumb down 0

      Maybe after Obama completes the mapping of our brain as he wants to do, he can then pass a law stating daydreaming carries a penalty such as being assigned to a re-education camp.

  • April 8, 2013 at 12:00 pm
    JoeBleaux says:
    Like or Dislike:
    Thumb up 0
    Thumb down 0

    “…some people may be reluctant to admit they were distracted when being interviewed by police after a fatal car crash.” Are the police interviewing reluctant zombies of those who are FATAL crash victims?

  • April 8, 2013 at 5:00 pm
    Captain Planet says:
    Like or Dislike:
    Thumb up 0
    Thumb down 0

    #11 on the list is being emotionally misguided after hearing what the daily fake rage is on Sean Hannity.

  • April 8, 2013 at 5:02 pm
    Water Bug says:
    Like or Dislike:
    Thumb up 0
    Thumb down 0

    I’ll say it again. In one of my early 20th century motoring magazines there is an article by “experts” that says that some irresponsible motorists were going to put wireless sets (radios) in their cars. The result of car radios would be a national bloodbath. An earlier article written by a group of clergymen theorized that travelling at over a mile a minute would rip the soul from the body and that the soul may not be able to return so the soul could not gain entrance into heaven.



Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

More News
More News Features