How Middle Managers Coerce Employees into Deceiving Upper Management

October 20, 2017

• October 20, 2017 at 1:39 pm
    Former Employee says:

I used to work for an E&S branch manager that would not have us bill policy cancellations or return premium endorsements until after month-end billing ended. The manager wanted to take the refund hit on the branch sales goals for the month. It never made sense to me, because the refunds were billed on the first of the month, so that month we always started out in the hole. The games people play to try to reach sales goals are all over the place.

• October 20, 2017 at 4:56 pm
      Agent says:
      Poorly-rated. Like or Dislike:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• October 23, 2017 at 12:52 pm
        The Downvoter says:
        Well-loved. Like or Dislike:

Agent–PLEASE tell me you see the irony in this? Aren’t you one of the top posters on IJ?

• October 24, 2017 at 6:00 pm
          Agent says:

Down, so you are the one down voting my every comment. By the way, I am not an employee, but the boss. My employees do the work and are well paid for their effort. No turnover at all and I have not had to fire anyone for playing on the internet and not getting their work done.

• October 30, 2017 at 1:44 pm
            Godot says:

Apparently Agent is from the management school of “Do as I say, not as I do.” Way to lead, Agent!

• October 25, 2017 at 9:41 am
          Ron says:

The Downvoter,

Agent is the type of boss who makes his employees do all of the work, because he is on IJ all day, then keeps 75% of the profits.

He also criticizes anyone who is not an independent insurance agency owner. Except for his employees who either he believes only work while on the clock or is constantly looking over their shoulders.

• October 25, 2017 at 3:42 pm
          PolarBeaRepeal says:

Downvoter and Ron; two of a kind. A kind of troll.

The deceptions by management are a sign of a failed company. Ones that succeed are always very open in their communications and that builds trust and loyalty. I deserve a ‘Captain Obvious Award’ for this post.

• October 26, 2017 at 7:57 am
          the downvoter says:

Hmmm…it’s not really ironic to the discussion of Agent calling out people for posting on IJ all day when he’s one of the top posters, however definitely fascinating. It will be interesting to see where it goes.

PS–I’m not a Libitteral nor a Trumpkin, just someone who’s sick of it all.

• October 26, 2017 at 8:05 am
          Ron says:

Polar,

Nice job leading someone else down a rabbit hole.

• October 22, 2017 at 7:08 am
      Same Ole says:

I worked for an E&S shop who would sit on the premium before remitting it to the Company to the point the Insured would get a notice of cancellation for non payment. Guess how mad the broker was!

• October 24, 2017 at 6:01 pm
        Agent says:

No one should ever sit on the premium before remitting to the carrier. The market will go away on that behavior.

• October 26, 2017 at 8:06 am
    Ron says:

Actually, it is all over CNN which is why I thought it was Fake News.