Who Is Most at Risk for Opioid Death and How to Help Them: Columbia Research

November 30, 2017

• November 30, 2017 at 1:28 pm
    Jack Kanauph says:

Doctors shouldn’t be so quick to hand out prescriptions either. Over the past few years I had an injury where I had to go to the ER. Doc asked if I was in pain, to which I responded no. He gave me an opioid prescription anyway. And I went to a dentist for a tooth issue and the dentist gave me an opioid prescription which I did not ask for.

• November 30, 2017 at 2:22 pm
      Agent says:

Jack, people with drug problems tend to be the ones who overdose whether it is Opiods or something else. We live in a druggie society and people think a pill is the answer to problems.

• November 30, 2017 at 3:07 pm
      Penny Ann says:

You are right about that. I had a similar experience a couple years ago and managed the temporary pain with only a few of those pills….with maybe 60 pills unused. My understanding is doctors only prescribe a few pills at a time now. If I had taken all those pills I could very well have gotten hooked. I can see how some people with anxiety, depression, or just trying to cope with a really bad life situation including chronic pain would want to escape their reality by taking drugs because they see no other way out. Unfortunately, that can lead to an escape from life altogether.

• November 30, 2017 at 2:43 pm
    Neighbor says:

People are overdosing on heroin and fentenyl, which they are purchasing when they can no longer obtain prescription pain killers.

• November 30, 2017 at 4:13 pm
    Interested says:

This really is terrible.
    Why is this just a problem in the U.S.?
    The Drug companies sell worldwide – doesn’t the rest of the world have pain?

• November 30, 2017 at 5:29 pm
      Agent says:

Apparently, the US has a load of cry baby sore losers who can’t stand the pain.

• December 7, 2017 at 3:09 pm
    FFA says:

Pot needs to be legalized for medical reasons. It works. I know someone diagnosed with terminal cancer two years ago. He was given 6 months. He got his hands on some “Black Market Formula” that was pot based with ever clear being another ingredients. I don’t know what the third was. Saw him in October 2017 (a year and a half after he was supposed to be dead) – 99% cancer free and the doctor didn’t want to know anything about what he used.

Oh, and its not addictive.

• December 11, 2017 at 12:43 pm
      Agent says:

FFA, did you see the article on the web that there is a new condition diagnosed with Marijuana use? Primarily the heavy recreational users. It is called “Scromit”. They scream while vomiting. Not a good side effect, is it?