More States File Opioid Lawsuits Against Drug Firms

By | May 16, 2018

• May 16, 2018 at 2:52 pm
    Agent says:

Since Opioids are controlled substances that have to be prescribed by doctors, where are the lawsuits against doctors for over prescribing?

Big Pot also needs to be sued for their false narrative on benefits which make millions of Recreational users.

• May 16, 2018 at 3:39 pm
      Rosenblatt says:

I agree doctors should share in the blame for over prescribing medications. Suits are hard to come by on that front because you need to know (1) not only how many pills they scripted, but (2) also how many patients AND THEN (3) exactly what the patients were being treated for to determine if it was a reasonable ‘script or not. Doubt that can be proved in a court setting without violating HIPAA laws.

So we agree on that point. Moving on to your other comment…could you please tell me ONE company or a business name that you think falls under “big pot”? I’d love to know to which company or companies you think that term applies.

• May 17, 2018 at 10:56 am
        Wondering says:

I was told by my primary doc that every time I fill a prescription for a controlled substance, the FDA gets notified. So there are records of what person filled what prescription; how many, where and when.

• May 17, 2018 at 11:48 am
          Rosenblatt says:

I didn’t know that – thanks. Although I find it hard to believe your medical condition is also being passed along (HIPAA violation) so there’s still no way of knowing if what the doctor gave his patient(s) was reasonable or excessive based on their condition.

30 pills of oxycontin for a sore throat? Excessive.
          30 for a slipped disk impinging on the sciatic nerve? Probably reasonable.

Agent – I’d still LOVE to know one company you think is part of “big pot.”

• May 17, 2018 at 11:50 am
          GA Agent says:

In the end, it’s up to the doctors to watch the prescriptions they’re writing for patients. If these addicts are anything like my ex-husband, he had multiple doctors in multiple states writing prescriptions for all sorts of illness or injury. He died addicted to street drugs when he ran out of doctors.

It really bothers me about invasions of privacy. I go crazy when I have to purchase cold medicine OTC. My ID, when it was filled last, name of first born. God forbid you lose the meds. You can’t refill till the appropriate number of days have gone by. Big brother is always watching…

• May 17, 2018 at 1:03 pm
      helpingout says:

Hello Mike,
      I love explaining this stuff for you. While yes cannabis can have negative side effects, especially with the teens still developing, there are benefits to cannabis as well. The idea that cannabis has benefits is not false (like your narrative), I know people right now who are recently graduated pharmacists that admit these schools teach the benefits and negative effects of what we know right now from cannabis. I was informed that the schools do this so when it becomes legal they have a better understanding on the drug than you or I.

I will end this by saying that there does need to be more research, but please stick to the topic on hand of opioids that people can overdose on. This issue is more prevalent now with our opioid epidemic and I agree doctors should be held partially accountable for over prescribing as well.

• May 18, 2018 at 11:18 am
        Craig Cornell says:

Marijuana is clearly relevant to opioid abuse because of the public claim that marijuana can replace opioids in many cases, a ludicrous claim.

Opioids are legitimately used for extreme pain. They are overprescribed for less severe conditions, but since pain is largely a personal, subjective issue that can’t be measured, doctors have been too willing to prescribe opioids when the patient may not truly need them.

To claim marijuana can replace opioids in legitimate situations of extreme pain is a sad joke for medical professionals. Remember that one of the most respected studies on opioids shows that Tylenol/ibuprophen substitutes often work just as well.

So yes, any discussion on opioids that includes a discussion on marijuana is relevant, because of the idiots that propose marijuana as a legitimate replacement for opioids.

Just another lie from the Pot Fans.

To answer your question: Big Pot is California Democrats, who continue to push the spread of another intoxicant into our society.

• May 18, 2018 at 12:39 pm
          Captain Planet says:

MAY 18, 2018 AT 11:41 AM
          Craig Cornell says:
          man, you are one blabby dude. Hard to even read all that nonsense.

• May 18, 2018 at 10:16 am
      Captain Planet says:

APRIL 4, 2018 AT 5:37 PM
      Agent says:
      Are you high again?

• May 18, 2018 at 8:44 pm
    Ann Stanton says:

No one is forcing these people to continue to take ANY drugs. If you have pain, take an over-the-counter pain reliever. Many doctors do not continue prescribing heavy painkillers for a longer period than they are needed. When we hear of kids being addicted, where are they getting the meds and the money to buy them? Parents also need to watch and see what the kids are doing. Stop the money flow.