Coastal Sea Rise Threatening Florida’s Historic Resources

By Dinah Voyles Pulver and Dale White | January 9, 2018

• January 9, 2018 at 1:36 pm
    Dave says:

Scary stuff! I’m concerned!! Please tell me in as much specificity as possible what we can do that will definitively stop this from ever happening.

• January 9, 2018 at 3:35 pm
      Agent says:

Dave, what is now Florida was under the sea for eons and much of the land has a limestone base. Sink holes are very common. How about they think about building some walls or put rick rack rock down to stop any natural sea erosion?

• January 9, 2018 at 4:35 pm
        confused says:

uh, yeah … that’s exactly how sinkholes work … just throw some rocks in there and blammo, we’ve ended the sinkhole problem. great suggestion! end sarcasm.

clearly you have no idea what actually causes sinkholes based on your “solution”

• January 9, 2018 at 4:56 pm
        Rosenblatt says:

I could be wrong confused, but I don’t think Agent was saying the way to solve the sinkhole problem is to throw “rick rack rock” down the hole. Maybe he was, but that’s not how I parsed his comment.

• January 9, 2018 at 3:03 pm
    Kevin says:

More climate change alarmists! Nothing is being done because no one wants to spend good money on bad projects where mother nature has the upper hand.
    Maybe the Universities with programs for students digging into our past will ante up the money for solving the problem. Oh, forgive me, they are the ones fomenting the problem.

• January 9, 2018 at 5:42 pm
    Realist says:

It is indeed a scary thought and I’m not sure who to believe about Global Warming or Climate Change. As a realist, I’m not going to be investing in any property in FL in my lifetime and certainly not anything near the coast. I’ll visit when I go on vacation, yeah, but I will not be moving there.

• January 12, 2018 at 6:16 pm
      UW says:

So climate change and rising seas (which you obviously don’t believe in) aren’t the problems, but knowing about them is. And universities should spend money to stop it, even though their purpose is knowledge, and many at universities have already specified the a solution, which is reducing carbon emissions into the atmosphere.

Retarded

• January 11, 2018 at 11:25 am
    Dave says:

Wow! I asked for solutions and the usual suspects are hiding under their desks. Nothing but crickets…

Are we stuck with billions in coastal real estate simply washing away or is there an actual plan to stop it?

• January 13, 2018 at 12:38 pm
      Tax Cuts 4 PolaRich Bears says:

Al Gore needs EVERYONE to quickly pay Carbon Taxes. Otherwise, the coast will be underwater within 3 or 4 months! He was right in the past about such stuff in his prior predic… uh, never mind.