First Month of Georgia Cellphone Ban Nets 900 Driver Citations

August 8, 2018

• August 8, 2018 at 2:53 pm
    Agent says:
    Well-loved. Like or Dislike:

This is just from the ones they caught. If they had the manpower, they could have issued citations for 10 times this amount easily.

• August 8, 2018 at 5:22 pm
    Carrier says:

I totally agree with “Agent”. I travel the roads of Georgia almost every day and now folks are hiding behind the tint in their windows with this. There are SO many folks who are scofflaws it is pathetic. Not sure what it’s going to take but 900 is just a pin prick.

• August 8, 2018 at 10:56 pm
    Perplexed says:
    Well-loved. Like or Dislike:

I had to honk at 2 different cars just today that had stopped at red lights and had their noses buried in their phones. It’s every day now that someone has their nose in their phone and is floating from one lane to the other or cannot see lights changing because they aren’t paying attention while driving. Its NOT teens I’m seeing. It’s every age adult.

• August 9, 2018 at 5:29 pm
    ConcernedCitz says:

Perplexed, you are correct. People, now, are MORE distracted (trying to hide and look for police) as a result of this law. Nothing but another revenue raiser that will result in more lives lost and accidents.

• August 13, 2018 at 7:39 am
      cl pm says:

And what better solution are you recommending?

• August 10, 2018 at 3:37 pm
    Chris says:

What I get a big laugh out of is when you see the so-called “enforcers” driving down the street in their patrol car talking on their cells. Business? Maybe. But I doubt it.

• August 10, 2018 at 6:23 pm
      Blue says:

Chris, Business or not they should not be violating the State law. Get their car number and call the police agency of the violator. Of course, don’t call to report them while you’re driving and don’t use the 911 service to report them.

• August 10, 2018 at 6:28 pm
    Blue says:

If drivers are cited for texting while driving, isn’t their phones evidence of that crime? If so, it should be confiscated as such and used in court. That will certainly make those that text while driving have second thoughts about doing it.

• August 13, 2018 at 1:37 pm
    MKB says:

I see this every single day (using cell phones while driving). It makes me very angry-
    particularly when someone is texting or on social media. Most of the time, these are the drivers who are either clogging up the left lane, or driving all over the road oblivious to other drivers. Most cars these days come bluetooth equipped, so there is no reason why you cannot drive and talk hands free.

I told someone the other week that I wish my vehicle had an arm that extended on either side of it that I could use to slap the sh** out of these people when I see it happening… maybe that would get their attention? My friend just laughed and said, you want to get their attention, get a train horn installed.

I’m seriously considering this!!!!

• August 15, 2018 at 1:31 pm
    Dino says:

All vehicles should have mandatory device that instantly shuts off phone use for any reason except 911 calls and GPS. Yes this is a device in existence.