California Company’s Workers’ Comp Program Declared Illegal

October 20, 2016

• October 21, 2016 at 12:29 pm
    Jestr says:

David “Chicken Little” Jones seems to be jumping the gun again like he did with Applied Underwriters (Berkshire Hathaway). Vitriolic blasphemy and what seems like outright slander claiming “worthless pieces of paper”? I’m am not a lawyer by any means, but isn’t a MEWA exempt from state regulatory practices, but federally approved to provide an aspect of work comp coverage? What does properly registered really mean? Can we get him to provide specifics without citing a pending hearing? All this came about because of the good old boy network here in Fresno of agents conspiring against other agents and viable markets because they can’t stand competition and fear losing market share. They care little about the end user, the customer (insured) as they seek to tie them to their markets or other association related insurance products.

• October 26, 2016 at 7:31 pm
      Get a clue says:

Compone USA claims to have a Travelers Insurance policy in force on their Accord certs. I checked with Travelers and there is not a policy in force for Compone USA or anyone related to them. So, based on fact, there is nothing if the company shown on your cert has no policy in your name – they are selling BS. In addition, Travelers stated they already had an open investigation into Compone USA for months. Keep dreaming if you want to buy a worthless piece of paper or market one to people. It doesn’t exist!

• February 3, 2017 at 3:23 pm
        need to know says:

Can you tell me who at Travelers told you that there is an open investigation of CompOne? That would be pretty clear evidence that this is a scam

• October 4, 2017 at 2:10 pm
        Kanya Ellington says:

My understanding is that CompOneUSA is self funded. I would think that when determining whether a workers comp benefit is, as you say, selling BS, one would look at whether the claims are being paid. To date, CompOneUSA has paid out more than 2.5 million dollars in claims. I would challenge you to try and find a single complaint from a customer where it says that CompOneUSA did not pay their claims. If you can say that CompOneUSA does not pay claims, then you would be justified in saying that they are selling BS. From where I sit it looks like the person selling BS here is you.

• October 21, 2016 at 1:50 pm
    John Lacher says:

I can not get a straight answer from Southern California Insurance Fund (SCIF) concerning claims handling policy and procedure. I am considering hiring several people and need workers compensation coverage.

• January 12, 2017 at 10:21 pm
    Cathy says:

I believed my attorney on wilshire blvd. and after 7 years of waiting i won $280,000.00 from age 60 to 71 years then a pension of 285,000.00 from age 71 to 90 years old…@ 1,200.00 a month. My attorney told me SCIF So. Cal. Ins. Fund would no give me anything else and i would only see all my money if i lived until 90…i complained and would not sign and my attorney told me my payments would stop…i was almost homeless with $1,200.00 a month…My kids dont get any of the money…no beneficiary plan…no nothing…now i learn i did have a choice…i given this deal b/c my attorney intended to deceive me…I need another attorney to get my money i was awarded…i will testify to the fact my attorney lied to me about the money and that he said i did not have a choice with SCIF…this is stealing my money…need to contact someone brave enough to stand up to what my attorney did to me and he is continuing to do to others. Dont know where to begin to look for an attorney