More Americans Consider CBD, Giving Insurance and Other Ancillary Businesses a Push

By | September 17, 2020

• September 17, 2020 at 5:11 pm
    Craig Winston Cornell says:

“18% of Americans surveyed have consumed CBD products, with widely varied reasons for use including pain, medical, unwinding and general wellness.”

Heh heh. Medical, Unwinding and “general wellness”.

18% of Americans have no idea that there are very few scientifically proven uses for CBD products and are therefore being suckered into snake oil. For general wellness.

• September 17, 2020 at 7:03 pm
      Jon says:

Once again, americans want something and they’re legally allowed to buy it. Stop whining. Your weird hatred of all things marijuana is outdated and no one cares, it’s legal many places and will continue. If you don’t like it, move. I hear they don’t have a drug problem in the Philippines, go there.

• September 18, 2020 at 12:27 pm
        Craig Winston Cornell says:

I don’t hate marijuana. I hate liars.

And CBD has very few scientifically proven uses. That is called “believing in science”.

But you and I and everyone else knows that CBD is pushed as a solution for every kind of ailment under the sun . . . without any proof. It is sold in gas stations and gyms and nail salons and dry cleaners. It is truly 21st Century snake oil.

It can help with pain. And that is about it.

Don’t you hate people who lie?

• September 18, 2020 at 2:14 pm
          curious says:

I have a good friend with Crohn’s Disease who nearly died due to brain swelling as a complication of a prescription biological medication. Over the course of 20 years, he’s been eating right and following doctor recommendations. A couple of years ago he tried the CBD snake oil. His result: lessening not only of the pain but of ALL his related symptoms. Today he is maintaining his health with diet and CBD only. He no longer needs steroids and other prescription meds to stay well. You might want to keep a more open mind.

• September 18, 2020 at 3:53 pm
          Craig Winston Cornell says:

That is great. I am glad to hear it. But that isn’t a scientifically proven use of CBD. The placebo effect is real and may be at work. Either way, good for your friend.

Kind of like hydroxychloroquine. Lots of doctors say it works. I’m all for letting them use it. But I don’t pretend it is proven, like so many people pushing CBD products. THAT is my point.

• September 18, 2020 at 4:28 pm
          Jon says:

Who do you think has stated that it’s scientifically proven about CBD? Show me one CBD product that purports to do these things you claim they’re “lying” about.

No one puts a guarantee like that on a product of any kind, because of the potential claims. So the only liar is once again you, Craig.

I’m completely lacking in self awareness? You’re a sad old man who’s caught lying on an insurance periodical twice a week. Go to therapy and gain some perspective dude.

• September 18, 2020 at 6:49 pm
          Craig Winston Cornell says:

Dufus. Can’t you read? I said people make claims for CBD that are NOT backed by science. I did not say that people make claims that CBD IS backed by science.

Are you dyslexic?

Comment have been closed for this article.