In order to continue the discussion regarding what constitutes a Super Regional P/C Insurer™ and to give definition to this important group of insurers, Demotech Inc. analyzed year-end 2016 data for property/casualty insurance companies. This data was utilized to classify and stratify insurers reporting data to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
To determine the companies for the 2017 Super Regional Property/Casualty Insurer™ list, these specific, objective qualifying criteria and thresholds valuated as of Dec. 31, 2016 were used:
- Active, individual companies reporting data using the property/ casualty annual statement format
- At least $1 million of direct premium written in each of two to 34 states
- Less than 90 percent of direct premium written in any one state
- Less than 90 percent of direct premium written in any one line of business
- Policyholders surplus of at least $100 million
- Net premium written of at least $50 million
- Direct premium written of at least $25 million
Download now to view these 2017 Super Regional Property/Casualty companies!