What determines a Super Regional?
To determine the companies for the 2018 Super Regional Property/Casualty Insurer™ list, these specific, objective qualifying criteria and thresholds were evaluated as of Dec. 31, 2017:
- Active, individual companies reporting data using the property/ casualty annual statement format
- At least $1 million of direct premium written in each of two to 34 states
- Less than 90 percent of direct premium written in any one state
- Less than 90 percent of direct premium written in any one line of business
- Policyholders surplus of at least $100 million
- Net premium written of at least $50 million
- Direct premium written of at least $25 million
Demotech Inc. analyzed year-end 2017 data reported to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners to classify and stratify insurers in order to arrive at this year’s list.
Purchase your copy now to view these 2018 Super Regional Property/Casualty companies!