This report provides an overview of key legislative, regulatory, judicial, and other developments affecting the workers compensation system.
You’ll learn about key legislative themes and significant legislative proposals from around the country, including:
- Workers compensation presumptions of compensability for COVID-19
- Workers compensation for workplace-related mental injuries
- Legalization of marijuana and reimbursement for medical marijuana in workers compensation
- Single-payer health insurance systems
- State tests for determining whether a worker is an employee or an independent contractor
- Law-only filings in 2020
- Court cases impacting workers compensation
- New state administrators
- Average approved changes in loss costs and rates
We thank the National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI) for sharing this report with our audience.