Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in the global insurance industry rose in the first half of 2019 with 222 completed deals worldwide, up from 196 in the second half of 2018, according to Clyde & Co’s Insurance Growth Report mid-year update. This marks the biggest increase in the volume of transactions since H1 2015 and the fourth consecutive six-month period of growth.
- Global insurance M&A rises to highest level for four years
- Completed insurance M&A worldwide rises 13% – to highest level since 2015
- Americas was the most active region
- Europe sees 40% increase in deal volume
- India is pick of emerging markets, with an uptick in inbound and domestic deals
- Search for scale, access to new markets and investment in tech remain key deal drivers
- Outlook tempered by political and economic uncertainty, and a hardening market
We thank Clyde & Co. for sharing this midyear report with our audience.