Personal Articles Floater-Midwest

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
T1IAgent
Insurance Journal Fan

Personal Articles Floater-Midwest

Post by T1IAgent »

Looking for a company to write personal articles with (jewelry, fine arts, etc) that has no minimum premium. I contacted Abacus-they have a $250 min. premium and Jewelers Mutual doesn't offer their products through agents. I want to keep the products off the homeowners insurance. Thoughts? Carriers?
Much appreciated.
SolutionConsultant
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Personal Articles Floater-Midwest

Post by SolutionConsultant »

There are a variety of cariers that will do what you are asking it just depends on what you are insuring, what coverage you want, deductibles, security, kind of applicant, etc.

AXA, Chubb, Chartis, ACE, Travelers will all write stand alone PAF's, but as with anything it depends on what you are looking to insure and you your relationship with the carrier. I've had Travelers just write engagement rings before, but I had a great relationship with my underwriter.

Why don't you want to package everything together?
jtownagent
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by jtownagent »

Big I Markets has a stand alone carrier. Are you a member of IIABA? www.iiaba.net then click on BIG I Markets.
INTLXS
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by INTLXS »

You are trying to find someone who has a minimum premium below $250? I can't see where it would cost effective to do that for a carrier. Good luck. Not sure I would spend too much time since your max commision will be around $25.