CompWest

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
Santa Rosa Ins Broker
Insurance Journal Addict

CompWest

Post by Santa Rosa Ins Broker »

Anybody have any success against these guys? One of my competitors comes in at 15% below my best numbers, everytime I go up against them. I have most of, or access to just about everyone but Preferred and Compwest. Your thoughts?
volstrike3
Insurance Journal Addict

Compwest

Post by volstrike3 »

They are the cheapest around and they are unrated. If the prospect doesn't care about that then there is nothing you can do.

I have had some success explaining that they are a new, unrated company that is pricing well below an already soft market. Your clients and prospects are business people, most will understand their business model is not a recipe for long term solvency.
indurain
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by indurain »

I agree with volstrike3. If your client is smaller and doesn't care about issues with their Umbrella, there isn't much you can do. However, I would remind them that what they are seeing is a company buying marketshare. If your clients were around in the late 90s, they should understand that those times might be just around the corner and it's no fun scurrying around for coverage at the last minute. OR having a claim be handled by CIGA.