Market for Golf Carts?

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
goredsox
Insurance Journal Addict

Market for Golf Carts?

Post by goredsox »

One of my customers bought a golf cart and the homeowner's policy doesn't cover it. Anyone know of a market for them?
independent guy
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by independent guy »

Progressive is bringing out a golf cart product. We have the brochures in our office already.
goredsox
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by goredsox »

I just got off the phone with them. They don't write golf carts in our state yet. Thanks for the reply though.
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

You had got to be kid'en!! Change carriers Travelers Allied Safeco and more would handle that NO problem. And it's cheap
Its better to ask forgiveness then permission
(just do it)
darnovak
Insurance Journal Addict

Some info maybe ?

Post by darnovak »

Hey genius, how about including your state in your inquiry? Will the golf cart be used exclusively on the insured's premises (possibly for maintenance of the property)? Will it be stored at and used exclusively at a public (or private) golf course? Will it be used off premises for other purposes? Will it ever be driven on public roads? Who will the operators be? The insured's 12 year old nephew? Get any clues yet here? How can you expect an intelligent answer or referral when you give absolutely no information relevant to "insurance" ? What rock do you live under? Third base probably. Please try again. Need lessons? I hire out at $1000 per day plus travel, room, and board. Cash or certified check in advance with 5 day minimum. regards, Dar Novak :lol:
delli1
Insurance Journal Fan

golf carts

Post by delli1 »

Foremost will write golf carts.
plins
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by plins »

Who is the HO carrier? I find it really hard to believe than any preferred carrier would not offer a golf cart endorsement to an HO policy.
darnovak
Insurance Journal Addict

No check yet

Post by darnovak »

goredsox apparently has enough sense to appreciate sarcasm and/or his/her certified check got lost in the mail. I find that 75% of the questions posed in these forums are unnecessary if the individual posting would read the applicable policy involved (or procure a specimen contract). It is a sad fact that the majority of agents and brokers have no idea what they are selling - most never read (or are unable to comprehend) the policies they sell.
Sundance
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Sundance »

My gosh, let people ask their q's with out belittling them. That is what this forum is about. Agreed we need to read the policies but heck, mellow out!

As far as the original q, just like someone else said, as long as it is being used on "other than a public roadway/highway", (basically being used for it's intended use, there should indeed be coverage on the homeowners form (especially if the form is ISO).

Just remember, underwriters and claims people "sometimes" (just like agents) have to be taught these things.

Good luck to you :wink: