Sight Seeing

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
ticomaro
Insurance Journal Fan

Sight Seeing

Post by ticomaro »

Any BOP market for Sight Seeing risk? In CA

Thank you
doyourhomework
Insurance Journal Addict

Huh?

Post by doyourhomework »

Admittedly I am a wholesaler who does not usually work with BOPs, but aren't BOPs usually relegated to on-site coverage and not used for mobile risks? If that is true, then unless your sightseeing risk is virtual like Star Tours at Disneyland, it would seem that a BOP is wholly inappropriate.
ticomaro
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by ticomaro »

I thought so but they said they had BOP coverage.

Thank you for your comments.
LadyBroker
Insurance Journal Addict

BOP market

Post by LadyBroker »

Your client probably does have a BOP policy to protect their office contents and their premises liability, but it likely doesn't cover their operations off site. You might want to call your preferred wholesale broker, and see if they can access Scottsdale, or Evanston, or maybe even Colony? Or maybe call K & K Brokers, they do alot of entertainment risks.

Good luck!
"It's a typical day, on the road to Utopia.."
gregcw
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: BOP market

Post by gregcw »

LadyBroker wrote:Your client probably does have a BOP policy to protect their office contents and their premises liability, but it likely doesn't cover their operations off site. You might want to call your preferred wholesale broker, and see if they can access Scottsdale, or Evanston, or maybe even Colony? Or maybe call K & K Brokers, they do alot of entertainment risks.

Good luck!
The BOP probably does cover the off premises General Liabiilty exposure unless, it was endorsed to limit coverage to premises only or to exclude off premises. This would cover them for things like trips and falls when being 'guided' and actions of the employees. The policy should be reviewed for these things.

The liability in my policy applies to:
(1) To "bodily injury" and "property damage" only if:
(a) The "bodily injury" or "property damage" is caused by an "occurrence" that takes place in the "coverage territorry";
(b) The "bodily injury" or "property damage" occurs during the policy period:

However, it would not cover any automobile exposure, i.e. medical payments, uninsured motorist etc. As a "Sight Seeing" risk I would assume that they are also transporting their clients. At that point they would need a commercial auto policy.
Gregcw
ticomaro
Insurance Journal Fan

RE:

Post by ticomaro »

We found a market!
Thank you everyone!