Estate Owned Vehicle - No Driver

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
CSRQueen
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Estate Owned Vehicle - No Driver

Post by CSRQueen »

I'm looking for a carrier who will write an auto policy in the name of an estate; there are no drivers. All my non standard carriers (Progressive, Infinity, Bristol West, AIG, GMAC) have shot me down. Any suggestions would be most apreciated.
R Levine
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Re: Estate Owned Vehicle - No Driver

Post by R Levine »

Who handles the estate? Try their carrier.
InsMgmt
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by InsMgmt »

Queen,

A bit of clarification would help. Is there a vehicle involved or is the estate simply looking for Hired and Nonowned Liability coverage?
gregcw
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by gregcw »

It would appear to me that you do have a driver in the executor of the estate. I guess though, that my real question is, If there is no driver why do you need insurance? I would assume that it would be for drivers attempting to purchase the vehicle. In this case the executor of the estate would be the driver, with the executor listed as the driver and the estate the 'Named Insured'. My experience is that Progressive will do this. If it is for physical damage only Progressive should be able to handle that as well. It appears that you may not have presented it to the U/W at Progressive in that way.
Gregcw