Small Winery in California

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
amcpeake
Insurance Journal Fan

Small Winery in California

Post by amcpeake »

Anybody have a recomedation for a small winery operations 2000 cases in Northern California. need GL and liquor.

Thanks,

Anthony
VineryInsureGal
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Small Winery in California

Post by VineryInsureGal »

Do they own their own wine-making facility or are the a "virtual" winery i.e. do the produce the wine at a custom crush facility?
Cheers,

VineryInsureGal
R Levine
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by R Levine »

Just wrote one through Chubb. Primarily due to the insured's Personal Lines was with Chubb as well. We had another option through Travelers.
justthere
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by justthere »

Oregon Mutual does a great job on small wineries, especially if they are growing their own grapes. Chubb will also come in if they are large enough. If they do not grow their own, then Travlers and Golden Eagle will look at it.
wlunday
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by wlunday »

The new Safeco / Liberty NW has great farm products that include these risks. Look 'em up!
RiskMgr.A&M

Post by RiskMgr.A&M »

Anthony,

Anderson & Murison has a selection of A rated programs for wineries and stills, with or without Liquor Liability. Our pricing and coverage options will keep you competitive whether or not they have retail sales or restaurants on premises.

Without login you can download an application under Applications tab at www.andersonmurison.com or fax your existing app to 323-255-0957. You will hear from us within 24 hrs, sometimes same day.

George Price, Mgr - Producer Services
Anderson & Murison Inc
800-234-6977 ext 209
george.price@andersonmurison.com
Sloanmason

Post by Sloanmason »

check out WineryPak. Chubb has a good form but can be a little more on the expensive side. Golden Eagle and Allied will do it as well. good luck!
Master U/W'er
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Master U/W'er »

For appointed agents, Unigard Insurance Company has an excellent program for California WIneries. Unigard has been successfully writing California winery business for many years.
Santa Rosa Ins Broker
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Santa Rosa Ins Broker »

I just reviewed a Unigard policy I am competing against, they have some nice property coverage extensions. I am using CIG they offer a higher Wine Leakage base limit of $75,000, Shippers Interest that covers grapes and wine up to $10,000 in transit.

Current Unigard agent has this on basic form :( , 1/5 of actual cased goods limit they should have :( , the Construction types are wrong :( , not enough coverage for the bulk wine :( , completely missed one location :( , no coverage for non owned/hired auto :( . Obvious that no one has been out to visit this risk in the 11 years he has had the account.
LadyBroker
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by LadyBroker »

Your client is lucky to have a good agent now...its too bad there are so many lazy ones out there.
"It's a typical day, on the road to Utopia.."
sstetson
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Small Winery in California - I have good Winery Insurance Options if Needed

Post by sstetson »

My name is Steve Stetson. I am an agency Co-Owner at Leavitt United Insurance Services. I focus on insurance programs for the wine and alcohol beverage industry (steve-stetson@leavitt.com, 707-225-4745 (cell). I have access to specialty programs for wineries, distilleries, breweries, hard cider manufacturers, distributors, importers, exporters etc.

Winery Insurance is specialized and there are drastic differences in coverage depending on the company and policy forms. Chubb offer good policies at competitive prices but tend to work better for larger size wineries. For small to medium sized wine producers I have programs that mirror the coverage’s more expensive policies provide which include selling price valuation on the wine, blanket property coverage, wine leakage, wine contamination, coverage for Trellis and Vines, no co-insurance, liquor liability, hired and non-owned auto liability, cyber liability, and are not-auditable. I'm able to offer these policies starting at approx. $1800. I also have Wine Stock Throughput, Workers Compensation and Loss Control programs which are tailored to wineries and the alcohol beverage industry. If you are interested in getting more information or obtaining a quote, please contact me. I will be glad to work up a quote for you.

steve-stetson@leavitt.com 707-225-4745 (direct line/cell)
Date 01/15/2023

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/steve-stetson/27/284/b29