Aluminum wiring

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
gc144
Insurance Journal Fan

Aluminum wiring

Post by gc144 »

I am an Ohio agent looking for a market to insure an Ohio apartment complex with aluminum wiring. Some of the buildings do have copper wiring, some have been fixed with pigtails, but some still need to be fixed. Is there a market that will work with the client to give him time to make the repairs? Loss ratio is good. No claims relating to aluminum wiring for at least 10 years. I don't have loss runs any older than that. Thanks for the help.
gmann1957
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Re: Aluminum wiring

Post by gmann1957 »

I may be able to help you. Contact me by phone at 201-797-1215 or e-mail me at g.heitmann@ipariskmanagement.com

Greg Heitmann
IPA Risk Management, LLC
INTLXS
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by INTLXS »

We are an Ohio Wholesale Broker who can help. E-mail me at kkukral@intlxs.com I have markets who will do accounts with aluminum wiring.

Ken
Kenneth Kukral, CIC
President & CEO
International Excess Companies
26451 Curtiss Wright Pkwy. #103
Richmond Hts., OH 44143-1437
PH 1-800-937-3497 X 2082
FX 216-797-2032
Check out our award winning websites at:

www.intlxs.com
www.xsprograms.com
www.getguardinsurance.com
www.ezfloodquote.com
www.wsibinsurance.com
www.willcomply.com
www.swipephysics.com
www.prospector-group.com
www.vital-ins.com
kevinraz
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by kevinraz »

Forgive me, but saying "no claims related to aluminum wiring for last 10 years" is another way of saying to an underwriter "this risk has been putting off getting this hazard replaced for over a decade". How much time do they need?

Enjoy the E&S rates and high deductibles on property and GL. At some point this starts to turn into a moral hazard and might have already passed that point.
Kevin Rasmussen AU, CIC